How’s the stock market?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
i have absolutely no idea

but, a few weeks ago i had an interesting conversation and have been meaning to throw a bit of money at TSLA ever since
I'm 100% convinced AI and Robotics are where it's at for the future. Any company that can eliminate jobs through computers, robots, and AI is going to do well.

But I think we're really far away from what I call "true AI". The kind of AI that can truly learn on its own and make decisions on it's own, like a human. Maybe 20-30+ years out. The 2001 Space Odyssey scenario. But we're making insane leaps forward now.

TSLA - My guess there will be a big shift in profits where robotics becomes their primary source of revenue and cars will be secondary or possibly tertiary, behind software and/or battery tech. So I'm hoping for a long sustained drop in stock price as they struggle to attract new EV buyers, followed by long accumulation phase, then the robots come in 5-10 yrs and sell like hot cakes, which will take TSLA back to 1k+.

1712072423071.png

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
GRRR punched to $0.99 today. LFG

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
slower startup then something like the shale oil boom, but longer payoff was his synopsis.

I didn't end up buying any canna my friend keeps trying to get me to buy I think to justify his losses but who knows. I think its obviously a good long term buy but the market is still in limbo at least state by state basis and according to friends i nthe industry a lot of them stay afloat through what they sell through the backdoor

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
dad works with some big oil/land men they are all super long nat gas for what its worth.
Should be long fossil fuels in general.
I'm 100% convinced AI and Robotics are where it's at for the future. Any company that can eliminate jobs through computers, robots, and AI is going to do well.

But I think we're really far away from what I call "true AI". The kind of AI that can truly learn on its own and make decisions on it's own, like a human. Maybe 20-30+ years out. The 2001 Space Odyssey scenario. But we're making insane leaps forward now.

TSLA - My guess there will be a big shift in profits where robotics becomes their primary source of revenue and cars will be secondary or possibly tertiary, behind software and/or battery tech. So I'm hoping for a long sustained drop in stock price as they struggle to attract new EV buyers, followed by long accumulation phase, then the robots come in 5-10 yrs and sell like hot cakes, which will take TSLA back to 1k+.

View attachment 176882
This sounds exactly like late 90s tech stock talk. Nanotech, etc.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I made some good money on NVDIA and the tech stuff (qqq) sold and have been watching in awe. Curious to see who the winners and losers will be as the big dogs snatch anything up that is innovative.

Then again so did GE for a billion years

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
working in commodities now, so less stock market info and more international chemical sales stuff, still in compliance as a backoffice jockey