Next January Donald Trump Becomes The Official Arbiter Of Truth

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You definitely want an america run by big brother

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Only other people have to explain stuff "in your own words". The benefits of being a stupid hypocrite

I‘m guessing he hasn’t read anything about the cases or the questions being presented to SCOTUS.

as i understand it, the case is about the laws that FL and TX passed that prohibit social media platforms from moderating content, so essentially the state government impeding the first amendment rights of the social media platforms.

my thin slice: i’d argue that the social media platforms are somewhere between a newspaper publisher and an open public forum and that these private companies have both a right and an obligation to moderate content.

if you don’t like it, go somewhere else.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I‘m guessing he hasn’t read anything about the cases or the questions being presented to SCOTUS.

as i understand it, the case is about the laws that FL and TX passed that prohibit social media platforms from moderating content, so essentially the state government impeding the first amendment rights of the social media platforms.

my thin slice: i’d argue that the social media platforms are somewhere between a newspaper publisher and an open public forum and that these private companies have both a right and an obligation to moderate content.

It is easy to understand stuff when everything is the fault of the other team.

Reactions: kidfury

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I agreed with your post until the “obligation” part

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit