Fins question - Quads - Foils….

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Ohhhhh, never thought of that. Do you use this, have you noticed a difference?
All the time! It gives you at least 12.67% more sick shreds.

Never apply it to the outside foil on your fins though. I learned that the hard way.

Last edited:

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
Im not sure if you are serious..but it does make sense. Also, makes sense not to apply it to the outside part of the foil, as this will probably increase the water velocity over that surface, effectively matching the flat foil water velocity, which ........may make you slide out in a steep turn. Basically turning the semi symmetrical fin foil into a symmetrical foil. At least in my mind that is how I see it.

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
I run the Roberts L Generation series which are like blackstix. Has that inside foil. Most similar to F8s in that they are pretty neutral. They work especially good for me paired with neutral flat foiled 3.75 rears (don't think they offer these anymore). Has a nice springy and loose feel in average waves. I had a NPJ quartet with glass-on mr twins and small pivot flat foiled rears and that felt as good as any quad set i've ever tried. Been doing that on my quads ever since (flat rears). I just finished messing with a bunch of fin combos in my Stamps GX with Rusty blackstix, P8 Blackstix, KS Enduros, and AM2's mixed with neutral and pivot 80/20s in med and large and I'm back on the Roberts with 3.75 or 4's in flat.

Reactions: Aruka and jkb