How do you go about selling a unique shotgun?

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Quick story couldn’t bang out dropping the kids off for drowning lessons.

my pops likes competitive shooting. Sporting clays. Has some certs in wide range of stuff from ecological cleaning of shot/wads, turf ph gets high due to clay to scoring to shooting etc etc on board at local range.

Anywho. This one guy joins the club. Great guy, excellent shot, etc etc. everyone likes him. Always has two guns with him cased but only uses one. Happens to be in a kreighoff case. Goes on for like a year. Someone finally asks whatnkind of gun, when he’s do going to shoot it, etc. turns out. It’s a decoy. He’s got an old rusted 410 in it. Figures if anyone was gunna steal one of his guns, they’d go for the one in the kreoghoff case.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
That is a gorgeous piece. My grandfather was the Connecticut skeet team champs in 1941. Have his shoulder patch from his shooting jacket. My father has gramp’s 16 gauge and it still shoots beautifully. We will never sell it. Your shotgun there should fetch a high price. Be sure you wanna get rid of i before pulling the trigger… pun!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I worked for an artist in Flagstaff once. He was mostly gone, on the road, or overseas doing exhibitions, so he let me and one other worker stay in his house. I noticed he had a subscription to "American Rifleman" magazine. When he was around I asked him about it. He said he won a lifetime subscription when he was 15 for winning a national marksmanship competition. Then he showed me his gun collection. I knew (and still know) nothing about guns but I imagine they were probably special. And he had a LOT. He told me he adhered to the old west tradtion- one gun for every window.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I worked for an artist in Flagstaff once. He was mostly gone, on the road, or overseas doing exhibitions, so he let me and one other worker stay in his house. I noticed he had a subscription to "American Rifleman" magazine. When he was around I asked him about it. He said he won a lifetime subscription when he was 15 for winning a national marksmanship competition. Then he showed me his gun collection. I knew (and still know) nothing about guns but I imagine they were probably special. And he had a LOT. He told me he adhered to the old west tradtion- one gun for every window.
My brother in law's father had amassed a large collection of Parker shotguns. He had built a hidden room behind a moving wall of shelves and inside was a workbench and safes for the guns. Upon his death, one of his "friends" conned his widow into selling him the collection for $10K. She had no idea of their real value. The collection of over 25 pristine guns, cases and extra barrels was easily worth $250,000. He had paid over $20,000 for individual guns in that collection and even the cheapest one would have been worth $4,000 but his wife didn't know what he had spent to acquire them or their value. She had no idea what to do with them and my brother in law found out after the fact what she had done. Very sore subject for my brother in law because the "friend" knew exactly what they were worth.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I'd say the gun in the original post is at the very least on par in value with this one. The one in the original post is of a higher quality wood and has even more engraving but this is a good benchmark for the value.

This one is really close. $59,000 on the used market.