Album Surfboards

Dec 19, 2022
As you’d expect, TMRP is an easy step-up from TMST once waves get OH, if you like how that boar surfs. Neither felt like they were too loose in good/ bigger surf or I wished they were quads. YMMV
Good feedback on TMRP, thanks! What's your thoughts on sizing (ie 3" longer than the TMST and a bit more volume)?

Reactions: oeste858

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
The latest Plasmic iteration with the bump seems like good improvement.

These bump swallow look sic too!:

http://instagr.am/p/Crlwrs4PoSS/
albumsurf.com

6'1" Plasmic (Swallow)
A variation of the Plasmic Asher has tested and enjoyed over the past year. Caters more to Asher's style of surfing with a slightly different sensation from the swallow tail that allows for more drawn out turns. Sized slightly longer than the standard Plasmic. The Plasmic was created with the...
albumsurf.com
albumsurf.com

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Let’s try to right the ship….

Yoloed these fins and put them in the Plasmic.

V2 foil.

More area than the ENs.

More cant than the ENs but less than AMT and SOC.

Rode some high tide peaky beach break.

Fuckkin A.

Magic.

View attachment 146743

View attachment 146744
I’m back to the Son of Cobra fins.

Rode these at a point this morning and was getting pissed off. Put the SOCs in and it was night and day.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
liking the Rasta keels in the moonie. feels like a natural fit for fatter reef waves. very smooth drawn out roundys.

tbh I find the boar awkward AF paddling around the lineup. weird beak foil and nose rocker flip for the length or something. can’t put my finger on it. no issues paddling in and while up and riding.

Reactions: Aruka and chilly1
Dec 19, 2022
MIne are 5´5 ST and 5´7 RP. Slightly less volume in the RP version.

As @oeste858 said, the RP is a good wave board, and you can use it as your step-up. I also never missed a Quad or a Trifin on those conditions with the board.
How does the paddling compare between the RP and SW? I'm just trying to decide on if to go a bit narrower and thinner with RP to keep the volume down for easier duck diving...

Jul 15, 2008
How does the paddling compare between the RP and SW? I'm just trying to decide on if to go a bit narrower and thinner with RP to keep the volume down for easier duck diving...
My boards were all about 28 - 28,5 Liters, aside from my Tomo Hydronaut, which is about 30,8 Liters. When I talked to Matt, he suggested 30,3 Liters for my SW Twinsman and 29,4 for my RP Twinsman. I´m very happy with the volumes.

Paddling is very similar. Both are very good paddlers. I use normally the RP for bigger waves, no issue with paddling.

Reactions: oznoosa
Oct 30, 2019

• Love
Reactions: need 4 speed

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Haven't ridden that model but I really like the Shapers PT in a few different albums (TMST, LB, Townsend) but looks like its sold out. This new Futurds one might be a good alternative. Says it has "More flex than the NVS Upright and Shapers x Album Twin." Which sounds alright to me.
https://albumsurf.com/collections/fins/products/album-x-futures-twin

I've liked this Shapers AR in plasmic and superchunk (stubby twin): https://albumsurf.com/collections/fins/products/shapers-x-album-all-rounder-twin
SonofCobra also good in plasmic. Has a bit more cant so might be worth a try

Last edited:

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011
Haven't ridden that model but I really like the Shapers PT in a few different albums (TMST, LB, Townsend) but looks like its sold out. This new Futurds one might be a good alternative. Says it has "More flex than the NVS Upright and Shapers x Album Twin." Which sounds alright to me.
https://albumsurf.com/collections/fins/products/album-x-futures-twin

I've liked this Shapers AR in plasmic and superchunk (stubby twin): https://albumsurf.com/collections/fins/products/shapers-x-album-all-rounder-twin
SonofCobra also good in plasmic. Has a bit more cant so might be worth a try
I 2nd the shapers AR twins for the plasmic. It actually says they were designed for the plasmic in the description. Get them while they're hot. Album site seems to be the one place to get them at normal prices.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My boards were all about 28 - 28,5 Liters, aside from my Tomo Hydronaut, which is about 30,8 Liters. When I talked to Matt, he suggested 30,3 Liters for my SW Twinsman and 29,4 for my RP Twinsman. I´m very happy with the volumes.

Paddling is very similar. Both are very good paddlers. I use normally the RP for bigger waves, no issue with paddling.
30.4 would be better.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Fin suggestion for this boar? I tried my go to Rasta keels that I love in my 5/7" Lightbender and they are too much fin for this whip...thoughts?
I started off with Elmores in my Twinbender, which are a good option, but after throwing in the AP 5.59s I haven’t looked back.