YOLO ALERTS

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
hm not seeing 25% off on the Varial site? is this sale special invite only :drowning:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
torn between a few yolos myself. The menu is broad -

CI happy everyday is the door busting bargain

Lost sub driver is a long term curious

Lost RNF96 bc I need to ensure at least half my quiver is 6” under my height

Album Moonstone soyboy dad bod comp edition at a couple of inches above my height

gonna go soft stroke to the email a few times and see if I can muster out a strong finish.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I knew being an irresponsible idiot would pay off eventually!

Dunno what to get. None of the stock or coming soon boars are quite speaking to me so prob custom. Driver 3.0 round tail would be the ultimate dumbass move after they screwed up dims on my last order.

And yet...

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Anyone have a pic of pigment on Venerial carbonera? I'm considering white so I don't burn my tender skin when I take it to summertime Waco or the Palm Springs Surf Club.

EntropyFletch

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 20, 2006
San Diego

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Comparison between DA and Varial carbon layup? Can you tell the difference?
I haven't had entire platoons of each build like Dyl but I've had 4 DA and 2 VC so enough to compare. VC is a little heavier, more damp feeling and dents easier. DA are I think prettier, like more perfectly glassed. I don't know which is more durable but I would guess Varial since the core foam is stronger than EPS. I haven't had many dings with either build. No cracks around fins boxes on the twin fins I've had in either build.

Because DA are so light and EPS is so reactive, they are just about as lively as any build out there. Whether that is a good thing depends on your taste but for me they can feel pretty amazing in the right conditions. I think the lightness can be a liability in choppy conditions, similar to other EPS boards.

I like both but overall I prefer the VC. Just the slight bit of extra weight and dampness makes them a little better in variable conditions.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Aruka pretty much covered it and I also feel the same way about them. The Varial definitely has more flex, weight and dampening. In general I would go poly(1st choice) or Varial over EPS, especially the longer the board is
Are you PU only right now?