*** Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion ***

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Neymar has matured.

He is a team leader now, on a mission to bring glory to Brasil with the SEXTA COPA.

He's not a showboat or a diver anymore, but a man on a quest.

Wales and USA going home after the group stage.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This tournament is Neymar's to own, if he wants it - Brasil are strong all over the pitch and Alisson is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Mbappé and France don't have several key players out from injury, so they can be marked down.

Ronaldo will score and make headlines, but he can't win the entire tournament on his own at 37.
Neymar didn't make any difference at yesterday's game... far from the best player of the day. Vini Jr and Richarlisson on the other hand... on fire. He suffered an ankle sprain on yesterday's game, we'll see how it shapes up. Thankfully it doesn't feel like this team needs him.

Netherlands vs Ecuador and England vs US are gonna be cool to watch today.

Reactions: paunch23 and Subway

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This goal was a work of art...

1669386792433.png

1669386844732.png

The World Cup bug has officially gotten me, it's the same every 4 years... I don't give a sh!t about soccer than during the world cup I'm an expert for a month. :roflmao:

Until the 18th I'm no longer brukuns... you can call me Canarinho! (old joke from my peeps)

Reactions: paunch23

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yup, Neymar is out of at least the next 2 games... What worries me more is that Danilo, our Right Winger, is out too (and his injury seems a bit worse than Neymar's). Not the greatest fan of Danilo's possible replacements.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Nail biter. Never thought I would say that about a futbol match, let alone a scoreless tie

Reactions: brukuns

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
England should have done better vs the USA - where was the fluidity (and goals) going forward they had vs Iran?

Southgate needs to get that sorted, straight away. Credit to the Americans for a strong performance.

But it is still called "football" and not soccer.

Neymar out for two matches, maybe more - but Brasil is packed with quality forward players, they don't need Neymar to score all the goals like they did before.

Reactions: brukuns

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
good game. that was a real game...
US seems to have a faster pace than other teams. very organized like, Japan. and, do they ever get tired?
on the other hand, UK left Trent A.A. and frggn Phil Foden on the bench? wtf. that dude wins games. maybe he's injured or something

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
It totally depends on the performance against Deutschland. Costa Rica's team is abysmal, gives us no real parameters.
That's not to say Spain doesn't have a fantastic team. They are obviously one of the favorites, always. Just can't quite tell if it's theirs to lose yet.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
We have a saying here for la selección mexicana:

“Jugamos como nunca, perdimos como siempre!”

Followed up by riots at El Angel de Independencia.