Lovemachine FM

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Moonlight glass job... looks pretty sweet.

I liked the eggplant one more but that was already sold.

The yellow/peach one sold today as well.

Reactions: urchined

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Picked up the board yesterday. Was stoked to find out that it came with fins. Whew.

First impression is that the board is really nice! It seems super well-built and in real life, it's a little bit less extreme than I think it looks in photos. The upward rail in the nose is more rounded and less pronounced and the channel in the back looks pretty cool and is actually fairly mellow. The fins are kind of wild. Fully double-foiled, pretty thin, and have kind of a weird 4A sort of base swoop at the front. The board doesn't seem to have much rocker at all and the rails are pretty pinched.

Hoping this board destroys small waves. Bought it for under 5' clean, soft winter days that we get around here where every single surfer in the bay area is out at OB. I think it will work quite well for that. The description suggests that it works in bigger waves too though I'm not sure. Will definitely test the limits though.

Will post up some photos soon.

Mar 2, 2009
Ryan Lovelace is an a$$hole but an amusing one who makes great boars. Really enjoyed his back and forth with OT back in the day. OT said st along the lines of “i spit on the dot” referring to that resin dot ryan used to put on all his boars lolz
Just curious, why is RL an a$$hole? Don’t know the backstory.

• Haha
Reactions: sozzle and Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@Havoc you seem to be liking the FM. How about a ride report or at least what type of conditions you like it best for?
I’m more curious about the FM than the V-bowls

Last edited:
Reactions: Woke AF

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
I have 3 of these currently. A 6'9 in Varial, 7'0, and a 9'6. The 7'0 was my first one and it ended replacing a few other midlengths I had at the time. Just a rock solid board in pretty much anything. It kinda ruined any single fin mids for me as it turns so much better. The 6'9 is new to me and its a keeper for sure. Only a few sessions so far but feels like it can be surfed a bit more aggressively than the 7'0. The 9'6 is something special though. Its as good as most gliders in small stuff but where it really shines is in bigger waves. I've had a handful of sessions in OH surf right when I got it and its rock solid. It surfs like a smaller board and projects off the bottom like nothing I've ever had in a board this size. Guessing the narrow pin tail with the twin fins is the special sauce and the thin rails help knife in on steeper waves. I'm really happy with it and I expect it to remain in the quiver for a long time. I'm probably going to sell the 7'0 as its too similar to the 6'9 and I like varial better

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I have 3 of these currently. A 6'9 in Varial, 7'0, and a 9'6. The 7'0 was my first one and it ended replacing a few other midlengths I had at the time. Just a rock solid board in pretty much anything. It kinda ruined any single fin mids for me as it turns so much better. The 6'9 is new to me and its a keeper for sure. Only a few sessions so far but feels like it can be surfed a bit more aggressively than the 7'0. The 9'6 is something special though. Its as good as most gliders in small stuff but where it really shines is in bigger waves. I've had a handful of sessions in OH surf right when I got it and its rock solid. It surfs like a smaller board and projects off the bottom like nothing I've ever had in a board this size. Guessing the narrow pin tail with the twin fins is the special sauce and the thin rails help knife in on steeper waves. I'm really happy with it and I expect it to remain in the quiver for a long time. I'm probably going to sell the 7'0 as its too similar to the 6'9 and I like varial better
:monkey:

let me know if you do decide to sell the 7'0.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
It was going on CL this week but I’ll dm you in a bit.

Funny the 6’9 Varial I just picked up recently is the green one in this thread.I had a feeling the guy was a bb’r but didn’t know who
that board looks so sic, I know someone who has one just like it, I wish they had stoke dimensions of my size