Leash strings

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
To keep it leash related. So last weekend i forgot my leash (and leash string because yeah, for some fckn reason THAT one board had no string in it!!!) I think to myself oh even better. No drag!!

First wave, i lose my board. Swim in to get it as and my friend was leaving. I went and borrow his leash (and leashstring) and this fcker wipes out a LOT so his string was really tight in the leashplug (by the way those Chanel islands ones are the worst when they get tight like that). Took me ages to loosen it and finally take it out using just my fingers. Then when i go grab his leash and realize is one of those that come with a leash string attached to it. After all that trouble, right?
Upon further inspection i realized it was broken! He was like: “oh yeah i cut it.” I was like why would you do that?. I told him thats a leashstring!
My guess is he tried to use it at some point and couldn’t figure out how to tie it and decided to cut it in order to i don’t fckn know, maybe tie it easier??
Anyway I decided to paddle back out before the wind came up cuz waves were kinda good.

Last edited:

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
A shaper put a single leash plug on my 7'2, but I was scrolling his instagram and saw double plugs on other 7'2s. I did tell him that I might move to NCSD soon (not happening anymore), so maybe he just figured one will be fine for maxing Swamis. Should I say something? Ask for a partial refund?

Sincerely,
Plugless in San Francisco

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
A shaper put a single leash plug on my 7'2, but I was scrolling his instagram and saw double plugs on other 7'2s. I did tell him that I might move to NCSD soon (not happening anymore), so maybe he just figured one will be fine for maxing Swamis. Should I say something? Ask for a partial refund?

Sincerely,
Sounds like a personal ad in the making.

Single plug, looking for mate.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Sincerely,
Instead ask for his signature team riders leash string should be stronger then 2x leash plugs.

Reactions: bluengreen

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Holy christ god almighty click on the link at your own peril...nsfl

• Wow
Reactions: SixtyGrit