Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Nor apparently big boards. You don't need to have a gun, but you DO need to have a longboard.

A longboard really should be a part of everyone's quiver. I know you have one - it's just hidden.
I’m semi jelly of those that can actually longboard well, but I’ve never been able to do it (in my 40+ years of surfing) where I feel I can compete with my shortboarding, respectively (drop knee cutbacks, cross stepping, running the nose etc,). I don’t want to get lumped in with wrongboarders who’s only goal is to catch waves early and do little to nothing that resembles actual longboarding. If waves don’t enable a little bash in at the bare minimum, I’m ok waiting for more swell and ride my comparatively small borts when conditions present themselves. I surf daily with people that embrace a multitude of crafts: mids, edge-boards, gliders etc. but I still identify with progressive surfing and in my mind, that usually involves crafts in the sub 6’6 range depending on the rider’s height.

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Nor apparently big boards. You don't need to have a gun, but you DO need to have a longboard.

A longboard really should be a part of everyone's quiver. I know you have one - it's just hidden.
Having recently acquired a performance oriented midy, I would say that they should be part of everyone’s quiver, because they can still be ridden like a short bort and are fun in their own way, but have the added bonus of being like resistance training, improving both strength and technique. A longboard is too much of a different animal.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
for how organized and legit your garage is im surprised you don’t have epoxy floors. does look like you have a polisher, however.

would bang

:cheers:

Seriously considered and discussed it with the wifey. Ultimately chose against, for some reason I cannot now remember. Sad really, as I think they look AMAZING. Perhaps when I build my dream house one day.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
At the moment..

- 5'6 Evo (32.5L)
- 5'8 Twinnie (35L)
- 5'9 Cymatic (34L)

Looking forward to add a 6'0/6'1 Twin Pin and 6'8/6'10 Midlenght Twin.. :rolleyes:
Nice trio.
Man, 5’9 Cymatic was such a fun boar for me. Need to ride my xtr SP2 again soon. How much do you notice the size drop going from that to the Evo? I think my 5’5 evo is too small for me (to paddle around) now, and haven’t ridden it in ages. will probably sell it.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
The quiver has gone full mung bean. Left to right:
5'8" Grant Newby shovel nose Mini Simmons, eps foam full flax cloth layup with tri plane bottom. 5'10" DMS carbon wrap Charger quad fish (for sale). 5'10" Hughies eps foam, twin fish with paulownia deck, cork rails and flax cloth tri plane bottom (not showing Lovelace piggy back keels which are the usual fins) 6'4" Hughies fish nose/diamond tail quad , xps foam, paulownia deck and cork rails with paulownia bottom with tri plane. No fibreglass with marine varnish sealer. 6'6" Hughies round pin twin, eps foam, paulownia deck, cork rails and flax cloth triplane into 4 channel bottom. 8' Sunova 8 ball 5 fin plughs model, eps foam, full balsa skin.
20221006_103859.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Nice trio.
Man, 5’9 Cymatic was such a fun boar for me. Need to ride my xtr SP2 again soon. How much do you notice the size drop going from that to the Evo? I think my 5’5 evo is too small for me (to paddle around) now, and haven’t ridden it in ages. will probably sell it.
Actually I was ridding +/- 31L, but recovering from an injury and getting older I decided tro try this 5'9.. though it could be to big for me but it went great. :LOL: (found my new literage..). I'm 81Kg + 4/3 wetsuit

My buddy has a 5'5 Evo that I can easily surf but we both prefer the 5'6. The Evo is great for spring summer glassy days when I don't have to paddle that much.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I really need to get rid of some boards, way too fking many of them. Current quiver is

5'4" Christenson fish
5'7" Album twinsman
5'11" Pyzel Shadow xl
6'0" Pyzel Ghost
6'0" Christenson nautilus
6'4" Arakawa RP
6'6" Jones twin pin
6'6" ah vessels asym twin thing
6'8" Arakawa RP
6'8" Christenson Pahi
7'0" Arakawa stungun
7'0" Tyler Warren tubeshooter
7'2" vouch midvish
7'7" Maurice Cole quad gun
8'0" Christenson Pahi
9'0" Chapman gun
9'6" Christenson longboard

Ghost, Jones, vouch, and the longboard are definitely on the chopping block.

If I really whittled it down to something sensible it'd be the 5'4", shadow, Arakawas, and the 8'0".

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I really need to get rid of some boards, way too fking many of them. Current quiver is

5'4" Christenson fish
5'7" Album twinsman
5'11" Pyzel Shadow xl
6'0" Pyzel Ghost
6'4" Arakawa RP
6'6" Jones twin pin
6'8" Arakawa RP
6'8" Christenson Pahi
7'0" Arakawa stungun
7'2" vouch midvish
8'0" Christenson Pahi
9'0" Chapman gun

If I really whittled it down to something sensible it'd be the 5'4", shadow, Arakawas, and the 8'0".
i dunno man, i think that gap between your 5-7 and 5-11 could use some filling. also, no 6-2? what kind of quiver doesn't have a 6-2??

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

5'4" Christenson fish
5'7" Album twinsman
5'11" Pyzel Shadow xl
6'0" Pyzel Ghost
6'4" Arakawa RP
6'6" Jones twin pin
6'8" Arakawa RP
6'8" Christenson Pahi
7'0" Arakawa stungun
7'2" vouch midvish
8'0" Christenson Pahi
9'0" Chapman gun

3 odds to 14 evens. interesting

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I've lived in my condo for the last 19 years, so my board storage is pretty limited. Luckily, my unit is the only one that has a walk in storage in the garage. Borts are not allowed on balconies and my wife would't be stocked keeping them in our place. My daughter's two borts eat up space (her Wavestorm being the biggest offender) so I need to keep things to about five if I'm leaving fins in two. Lot of overlap, but they've all proved their worth as faves at one time, so I like to try to keep them around even when I've moved on to a new shiny-shiny. From L-R: Stamps Kai-Zen 5'7" x 19.75" x 2.38" 28.5L, Stamps Flare 5'8" x 20" x 2.38" 29.7L, CI NB2 5'8" x 19.5" x 2.38" 29.1L, Haydenshapes Psychedelic Germ 5'9" x 19.38" x 2.38" 27.2L, Pyzel Ghost 6' x 19.19" x 2.5" 28.9L.
IMG_2214.jpgIMG_2219.jpg

Last edited: