Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I really, really like the BMTs. Its gonna be good to hear your thoughts. May be too much drive, not enough pivot for you. I mean that as a compliment for someone who surfs hpsbs good.
I got a few this morning and was pretty stocked on the BMT's in the mostly thigh-to-waist clean little peaks. I was able to get up to speed quickly, but still throw it around in the lip on the few sections that presented themselves. I didn't get a good section to go for a roundhouse, but was able to get it to slide on a few snaps which is what I was going for on those turns. Looks like it may be a tad bigger tomorrow (3.1' @ 6.5s vs. today's 2.6' @ 8.5s), and I'll probably stick with the BMT's.

JDJ, I do have a set of CC uprights. I'll eventually give them a go along with my MR's and AM's. Ultimately, I'd like a consistent weekend morning where I can bring several sets down and my wife can hang/watch them.

It's interesting that FCS is measuring the base only until the trailing edge lifts up. My Power Twins' base is 5.26" vs. what FCS is calling 4.61" for the BMT's. The PT's are right on the Kai-Zen's dot, where the BMT's are almost a 1/2" back.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
DUDEZ, I JUST GOT THE EMAIL.

MY FIRST CUSTOM STAMPS IS DONE.

5'7" KAI ZEN TWIN/TRAILER

STILL WAITING ON PICS TO HOLD ME OVER / FOR MASTURBATORY PURPOSES UNTIL PICKUP NEXT WEDNESDAY
pics or you are teh same as the guy wearinga stolen election hat who said that jfk was shot by bigfoot who is really the guy who acts as paulk mccartney that also heald the camera on the fake moonlanding video that actually happened to be the guy who came out of apipelinebarrel on a roystewartboard. and osmething

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anybody tried a Warhawk? Thinking a new HPSB might be nice.

I was a fan of the Scarecrow I had...
Got a rp 6-6 warhawk on order, should be done soonish. My knee is fcked so i dunno when ill have a ride report but my buddy got a 6-5 in the same order so maybe he will get a chance to test his at least. We've both had some great scarecrows in the past...

Will try to dig up the order emails to see what tim said about scrow vs whawk.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
"the ScareCrow and the Warhawk are pretty similar, yet lots of subtle differences. the WarHawk came from the SCrow dna...
i'll try and get it all here..
the rocker numbers are pretty much the same at the tips, but how it gets there is a bit different.
warhawk has more concave in front of the fin area, less concave in the nose area, and a slightly pulled back endtry rocker. the nose should be a bit more 'free'. the concave in the tail section gets a bit more of a strigher rocker line(stringer) between the feet.
the outline is pretty similar in the nose. the tail is about 1/8" narrower at 12" mark. the tail block is pushed out a bit.
i can push that shape out into a nice NextStep style board. i'd suggest puling the tail block in a bit and going a round tail.
i think that's about it....
oh yea, i thickened up the foil in the front third a bit as well. it's about a .06 offset from tail to nose difference at the 12" mark.
just a bunch of tweaks and adjustments that slowly evolved into something 'new'...."
tim

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I want to order a TKF or Banjo. Thinking EPS as I’m loving the feel of my EPS flare. Is the banjo a better fit for eps than the TKF? Want something fast for NCSD reefs

Reactions: Aruka