Why is Philadelphia such a violent place?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
If the cities can't handle their sh!t, then hell yes, you go up the chain.

Whether going up the chain of responsibility/command is the same as going up the chain of competence is a separate debate.

SF DA got sent on his ass too.

Free love is over; we're going to see a major backlash against crime in the coming years. Then it'll go way too far, too many PD extrajudicial skullcrushings on tiktok, horror ensues. We reduce the reins a bit, defund things, and then here we are again. I love cycles. Good times.

Probably do better about attacking the root causes of poverty, slovenliness, meth slurping, etc. And putting half of the population on UBI would actually make the problem worse.
Half of the population is by definition not “universal”

we can see now that giving free money to people hinders, rather than improves the situation

you’re right about the cycles

pendulums be swangin

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Because the specific areas where large amounts of violent crime happens matters.
and there you have it, folks!

totally unawares of the fact that he undermines his own argument with that point

another day, another gromsdad self-own!

fkn amazing

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Firearm-related deaths in Thailand are much lower than in countries like the United States and Brazil, but higher than in countries like Japan and Singapore that have strict gun control laws. The rate of firearms related deaths in 2019 was about 4 per 100,000, compared with about 11 per 100,000 in the U.S. and nearly 23 per 100,000 in Brazil.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Half of the population is by definition not “universal”

we can see now that giving free money to people hinders, rather than improves the situation

you’re right about the cycles

pendulums be swangin
I like to think that at least half would want something more with their lives than languishing on basic. Or am I being too optimistic?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Bottom line, if Dems are responsible for innercity crime then R's are responsible for the off the charts crime rates in their states unless you are a dumb, partisan hypocrite like Gromsdad.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Removing politics from policing would go a long way. The Philadelpiha FOP is a largely Republican organization and a very significant portion of it's members view the people in the communities they're policing as less. All they give a sh!t about is making the Dem DA look bad.

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Removing politics from policing would go a long way. The Philadelpiha FOP is a largely Republican organization and a very significant portion of it's members view the people in the communities they're policing as less. All they give a sh!t about is making the Dem DA look bad.
Alot of the crime rise is due to entitled spoiled brat cops who refuse to do their jobs if exposed to the least bit of accountability.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
From what I'm seeing, the dude needs no help to look bad.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I like to think that at least half would want something more with their lives than languishing on basic. Or am I being too optimistic?
I think 3/4 of the population would be happy with basic, including getting the free jumpsuits out of the vending machines like Amos when he was escaping... :cheers:

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think 3/4 of the population would be happy with basic, including getting the free jumpsuits out of the vending machines like Amos when he was escaping... :cheers:
We could use an Avasarala as President just for the press conferences alone. Not to mention calling Putin (and every other world leader and staff member) a dickless sweet and delicious bag of sugar.