It's Happening (Elon Musk Taking Over Twatter)

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
if it's a problem for you, why keep looking at it?

and here's a general question - how many here actually have a twitter account?
:shameonyou::shameonyou::shameonyou::shameonyou:Why does a "statement of fact" scare you soft-handers so much? Gotta run, my rides outside..we've had great surf and great weather for going on 4 days now....

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
The Orwellian psyops world known as Twitter and controlled by libs is quickly coming to an end. Not that i'll miss the endless false information and mind control boogaloo.
Which means you're an avid consumer. Again, why?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
if it's a problem for you, why keep looking at it?
Do you still beat your wife?

Which means you're an avid consumer. Again, why?
Twitter, somehow, has been permitted to become a dominating voice in culture - despite the fact Twitter users (not account holders, but people who actually use the service) make up a small minority of the population.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Twitter, somehow, has been permitted to become a dominating voice in culture - despite the fact Twitter users (not account holders, but people who actually use the service) make up a small minority of the population.
maybe one of the louder voices ...or even one of the louder voices in a smaller subset of the culture, but dominating? i don't see that (particularly since Twitter still doesn't seem to be able to turn a profit). i only know about a particular tweet if it transcends the twittersphere and breaks out in to the wider culture - i suspect that's the case for most people. and when that happens, it's not Twitter that makes it notable - it's that particular content, which could have been delivered any number of ways.

Reactions: Subway

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Do you still beat your wife?

People drool over winning late night TV ratings too. 300,000 people watching makes it important.

Twitter isn't important if you're not on it. It, and Facebook, could go away tomorrow and the only way I'd know would be reading it here.

Reactions: sussle

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
LOL "has been permitted"? What happened to the "let the free markut decide"? :poke:

The number of Twitter users is irrelevant.
Most people I know and I suspect most people here, apart from ifailalot, don't have Twåt accounts or have ever tweeted.

The function of Twitter is to allow politicians and other celebrities to have unfiltered access to a large audience.

Trump singlehandedly controlled political discourse during his presidential campaign by spewing stupid, racist and sexist tweets. Every single day he would say something so idiotic that every media outlet had to pick it up.
This is the only function of Twitter.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
People who tweet trip me out.

Celebrities and wannabes with overinflated egos, feeding their fans drops of sugar water.
Politicians who love the sound of their own voice so much they hear it when they type.
Opinionators who think their opinions will transform someone else's lives.
And people like Donald Trump, who is in a class by himself.

All of these people need to SFTU online. Celebrities need to act or sing or do whatever they do, politicians need to legislate, opinionators need to write essays, not tweets, and Donald Trump needs to die a natural death surrounded by his family.

Reactions: Aquaman2