How’s the stock market?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think we're all gonna be eating sh!t for the rest of the year. Next year we make it all back. Mild recession2022 Q4, as well as Q1 and Q2 2023, recovery Q3 and Q4.
We're already in recession.

What makes you think the recession will be "mild"?

0%/negative rates are not the sign of a healthy economy...and we've built this economy on 0%.

The economy is a junkie and the 0% dope is getting flushed.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The weird thing is the world has plenty of resources.

A couple of days ago I bought some UEC stock and then it went up that day and I sold and I made 150 dollars.

I guess I am a day trader now.

That feels dirty

Like screwing a whore.

But I like it too

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It's rather comical watching the beginnings of this crisis play out. The only thing I can figure is these guys are so accustomed to a free money 0% economy they don't have clue how to operate when things start to get real.

I'd guess the BoE pension/taxcut/QE debacle is making Wall St second guess their trust in the Fed's inflation fight...The fact the BoE already pivoted and surrendered to inflation is a real-life reminder of how central banks play it when push comes to shove thus giving a preview of the Fed's future actions.

Of course we here at the erBB have already known since the beginning the Fed is not serious about fighting inflation and will eventually pivot as well, allowing inflation to run hot and putting it on Congress to enact price controls.

And when you see Germany doing stuff like this...

How will this help now that Germany gets all its gas from Norway and the US now? Are they capping the price of our gas?
lolz

It's pretty clear that all we're headed towards another 2008-style meltdown. I don't understand all of this since I work on real stuff but neither do the people making complex/fake financial contraptions.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Interest rates are the cost of money, time and risk. Neither time, money or risk is free, so the price should be somewhere above zero. Also, if the rates are low, it means the profitability of business investments are low. None of this is the case in the western world today.

Cry is free.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
How will this help now that Germany gets all its gas from Norway and the US now? Are they capping the price of our gas?

It's pretty clear that all we're headed towards another 2008-style meltdown. I don't understand all of this since I work on real stuff but neither do the people making complex/fake financial contraptions.
so the sky is falling? asking for a friend.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
What used to be bad news is now good news is bad news.

What will be fun to watch is when people realize less jobs won't control inflation, in fact inflation will worsen with more unemployment.
The Fed has one knob left - its balance sheets. It can't touch the interest rates anymore.