AJW Potato Launcher 2

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Looks like a stubby Ghost
My thought upon looking at the template. Was expecting (by the name) something fatter for small surf. Bottom 1/3 of the board doesn't look that way at all, though.

Reactions: MathDebater

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Had an og pl going back to 2012 or so. Very good tube board. Not as versatile as a ghost elsewhere. It was also pretty sensitive to fin changes (I liked quads or 2+1 for some reason - and I’m generally a thruster guy). I think it was just a touch too small and would’ve been a favorite with a little more volume. It sounds like they made the PL2 to be a slightly more versatile shape.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Friend had one some years ago that I tried. I don't know why these shapers pull the tail so excedingly narrow as if you're sufing 3rd reef pipeline on these things, it limits their ability to work in less than bombing double overhead surf and makes them super stiff. Super had one like this too, the Pig Dog like they were doing penance for making the nose so wide by making the tail too narrow.

All in all, a more balanced board like the Ghost just works better in both bombing and sub insane conditions.

Reactions: Northern_Shores

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Friend had one some years ago that I tried. I don't know why these shapers pull the tail so excedingly narrow as if you're sufing 3rd reef pipeline on these things, it limits their ability to work in less than bombing double overhead surf and makes them super stiff. Super had one like this too, the Pig Dog like they were doing penance for making the nose so wide by making the tail too narrow.

All in all, a more balanced board like the Ghost just works better in both bombing and sub insane conditions.
i have a pigdog (pro) and a ghost and the ghost tail is narrower i think. i definitely agree that the ghost is a more versatile design though.

Reactions: oeste858