Good hooded 4/3?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
shoulders and chest are tight as fook. it better relax with a couple wearings cuz it was a freak out mfer getting it off my shoulders
Yeah, that’s it. Gettin off was tight. But I'm sure there's a trick to getting the shoulders out. maybe I'll ask the matuse guy Matt next time I'm in the shop.
FWIW I never had an issue with my old LT Dante 2mil s/s. Presumably stretchier when wet too. I’m also 6’0-6’1, 180ish, (with a long torso).

Reactions: MathDebater

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
wore the 5/4 Tumo for the first time this eve. mine doesn't seem too tight in the upper body so no problem paddling or anything. very little to zero flushing through chest area which is a good sign for the neck gasket thing. the waves were like waist high just for the record. the water was warmer than average so I don't feel like i've given it a true test in the more average to cold conditions we get yet but i was plenty warm. so far so good.

Sep 26, 2022
Anybody got a big head (in relation to your body)? LOL The few hooded suits I've tried were tight in the hood. Anything work for you? I guess an O'neill mutant would work if I swapped the hood for another size, but it'd be nice if anybody has found a brand that just works.

Reactions: daave

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anybody got a big head (in relation to your body)? LOL The few hooded suits I've tried were tight in the hood. Anything work for you? I guess an O'neill mutant would work if I swapped the hood for another size, but it'd be nice if anybody has found a brand that just works.
Furnace 'bong 4/3 has nice hood and nice bells and whistles for price:cheers:

Reactions: BolivianRam

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I can only think about "So I Married an Axe Murderer":

• Look at the size of that boy's head. I’m not kidding. It's like an orange on a toothpick.
Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid. Has it's own weather system.
  • No kidding. His head's like Sputnik. Spherical, but quite pointy in parts.

• Ooh, that was off-sides, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
wore the 5/4 Tumo for the first time this eve. mine doesn't seem too tight in the upper body so no problem paddling or anything. very little to zero flushing through chest area which is a good sign for the neck gasket thing. the waves were like waist high just for the record. the water was warmer than average so I don't feel like i've given it a true test in the more average to cold conditions we get yet but i was plenty warm. so far so good.
How did the Tumo work out? Matuse is having a nice sale on older suits and was thinking about getting one for this winter.

Been looking at BUELL which has a nice price point on new suits ($299).

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
How did the Tumo work out? Matuse is having a nice sale on older suits and was thinking about getting one for this winter.

Been looking at BUELL which has a nice price point on new suits ($299).
ya would be interested in trying one of these RB1 Accelerator Plus, but they don't have my size in stock:
I really like my 2mm short sleeve zipperless Isurus so I may just get an all 3mm full one for the winter instead. no need for a hood around these parts though.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I liked my 2mm zipperless Isurus too, but there was a little bit of flushing.

I have a 3/2 Buell that has lasted over a year and none of the seams have leaked. $299 for a hooded 4/3 is a smokin deal.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
ya would be interested in trying one of these RB1 Accelerator Plus, but they don't have my size in stock:
I really like my 2mm short sleeve zipperless Isurus so I may just get an all 3mm full one for the winter instead. no need for a hood around these parts though.
Hooded 3/3 no-zip Isurus is by far my favorite suit... right now. Freaking warm, comfortable, and stretchy.

Sep 26, 2022
I can only think about "So I Married an Axe Murderer":

• Look at the size of that boy's head. I’m not kidding. It's like an orange on a toothpick.
Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid. Has it's own weather system.
  • No kidding. His head's like Sputnik. Spherical, but quite pointy in parts.

• Ooh, that was off-sides, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow!
Yeah, I wear XL in hat size. It's mostly just the top of my head (brow ridge + big bump on the back--maybe some Neanderthal genes going on there). Overall it doesn't look super big like Charlie Brown or something LOL

Sep 26, 2022
Hooded 3/3 no-zip Isurus is by far my favorite suit... right now. Freaking warm, comfortable, and stretchy.
I was looking at the Isurus site, and this seems like just the thing. Would you say their Size Chart and stated temperature range for this suit are accurate?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Yep - but (and I"m being serious here) with your XL noggin, you could have some issues getting into the neck opening. It's a bit tighter since it's a no-zip suit. I'd call Kent or Joyce to speak about it. The suit doesn't flush on me & I love it. Good for cold(er) waters - meaning a temp where you'd normally wear a 4/3.

Reactions: oeste858
Sep 26, 2022
Yep - but (and I"m being serious here) with your XL noggin, you could have some issues getting into the neck opening. It's a bit tighter since it's a no-zip suit. I'd call Kent or Joyce to speak about it. The suit doesn't flush on me & I love it. Good for cold(er) waters - meaning a temp where you'd normally wear a 4/3.
Thanks for your help. I would get the non-hooded on this one; I just get a good vibe on the overall suit and will get a separate hood if need be. It appears they have free shipping and returns, so I can try it on. I'll contact them though.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Thanks for your help. I would get the non-hooded on this one; I just get a good vibe on the overall suit and will get a separate hood if need be. It appears they have free shipping and returns, so I can try it on. I'll contact them though.
Again - just ensure you follow THEIR sizing guide. It's accurate. It's not the normal sizing (I'm usually a Medium in most brands, but Isurus I'm a Large/Short).