Electric vehicle fuel

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You think Gavin Newsom signed the law and that you will be forced to drive an EV and Im hopeless?

I'd rather be hopeless than that dumb.
Dude, if someone signs a law that takes effect in 12 years, there is 0 chance that can will ever be kicked down the road.

Look at the Diablo Canyon Power Plant. It's not being kept open in acknowledgement of reality. It was closed already. Yeah.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Dude, if someone signs a law that takes effect in 12 years, there is 0 chance that can will ever be kicked down the road.
As far as I know it's just a "plan".

We all know how all plans become a reality in 12 years time.

EV denialism is one of the weirdest trends that came out from the right.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

Look at the Diablo Canyon Power Plant. It's not being kept open in acknowledgement of reality. It was closed already. Yeah.
Hasn't been closed, still generating, and will do so until 2030 I think.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Are you not honest enough to admit that the executive orders by the Biden Administration and actions taken by democrats in Washington are driving up energy prices? Really????
Instead of being dishonest and disingenuous you should just own it at this stage of the game.
it's been like 6 months and he's still trying to retread this same busted-ass trope?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I have no problem with nuclear power if nuclear waste is indeed recyclable.

Being able to know what to do to with nuclear waste is kind of important.
You need a breeder reactor to optimally recycle uranium based fission waste (these can also make power).

But then it is (relatively) very easy to make weapons grade fissile material (high purity), which always gets people upset.

However, high purity does allow for much smaller reactors/devices, like the ones in military craft, and those reactors have a good track record for safety (if you believe the US military).

Also good for spacecraft, but I guess those are more like nuclear batteries, which could be good for a distributed power system(s).

But yeah, current storage of nuke waste is problematic here and abroad. Best practices would seem to need a plan throughout the lifecycle of mining/use/waste of fissile material.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Maybe you're smart enough to answer?
Why would a law to ban the sale of new gas powered cars need to be signed by Gavin if the demand will be so high and the market will take care of it
Can you identify the law signed by Gavin here? We'll wait.