Florida Bros - How you doin?

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Feeling for you FloridaMan erBBers, especially if you live on the west side. GTFO!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
My senior aunt is riding it out solo in Sarasota. Thankfully she’s not right on the water. Thankfully my mother is with us in RI now but her snowbird condo is 2nd floor in Sarasota with single lane windows. We keep reminding her that everything in her place is “just stuff”. Godspeed!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not really rideable last night, already 25kts onshore this am and I usually don't bother if it's more than 20kts onshore.

Sucks for the people who got clapped by Charley 18 years ago, but Florida is getting good at this and with an election in November, neither party wants to f--k this one up. I expect competence from DC to the local fire station. Plus with so many hits in these zones the power infrastructure is much better now.

Also a blessing that it's not going to hit just North of Tampa. The FL housing insurance market already had its worst year since Andrew 1992 in terms of insurers going out of business. More and more people are in the state pool. The day a storm hits a little North of Tampa with the onshore storm surge flooding all that sh!t and all the rivers flowing back into it will wipe a sh!t-ton of loot out.

Fort Myers/Cape Coral getting trashed sucks but easier to deal with from an insurance standpoint.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
PCB cams look flat. P-Cola looks like a little bump. Navarre Pier looks tide-flooded. Bluebird and howling offshore. Venice South Jetty sh!t the bed around 1pm ET but looked like hot doodoo confirmed. Matagorda over in TX looking a hair more side-on than earlier.

Fort Feces looks really side. Bastianlet looks kinda fun (I live in Florida people) Juno looks kinda fun. Lake Worthless and Delray looking too side-on. Everything North of Sebastian looks like a washing machine.

Winds here around 30kt with some gusts up to TS force.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think tomorrow's drone footy of some of the barrier islands is gonna be pretty gruesome. Places like Ft Myers Beach and Sanibel took it soon the chin.

1664427928222.png

Reactions: Mr Doof

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
My same question.
Negative, although today might be fun.
I was going to take off work today but Galveston didn't look like it was going to turn on much
probably better down in Corpus w the angle of this storm
Some waist high clean sets at dusk last night but it was windy all day bad

Here's corpus yesterday evening
Wavestorm guy almost getting scalped
http://instagr.am/p/CjFI0dDO4XY/

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
holy sh!t just got a clip from my friend down in corpus at the packery jettys
some big barge broke its anchor and a brave tugboat is trying to pull it out of the jetty, or back in not sure but he has balls of steel