Need advice - trip to Resort Latitude Zero - best airline to fly from Jakarta to Padang?

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
Finally get to make this trip after 2+ year delay due to COVID. I'm flying LAX to Jakarta, and then need to fly to Padang airport. Has anyone flown from Jakarta to Padang airport? If so, which airline is best and doesn't gouge for boards? I have no clue, other than Garuda but have heard mixed things regarding board fees. Any advice is appreciated.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I flew Garuda for that leg when I was there in 2016 but can't remember board charges. I don't think it was astronomical.

Everything went smoothly, no complaints.

Going to be in Indo in a few weeks and taking a flight on Lion which I can report back on if that's not too late for ya. :shaka:

Reactions: isurfcardiff

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Garuda and Citilink most user friendly

Lion/Wings charges 300k per bord

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
I flew Garuda for that leg when I was there in 2016 but can't remember board charges. I don't think it was astronomical.

Everything went smoothly, no complaints.

Going to be in Indo in a few weeks and taking a flight on Lion which I can report back on if that's not too late for ya. :shaka:
Thanks bird.LA - hope you score on your trip!!!

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Any of the regional airlines will do. Just board and cross your fingers lol.

When I'm out there I use kiwi.com to book all my regional flights as I sometimes had issues using the airline websites.

Lion Air and Air Asia have the most regional flights if I remember correctly.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Lion Air charging 200,000 idr per board (not per board bag) per flight segment. So if you connect somewhere you pay double the fee. Cash only.

Not sure if you can get away with claiming fewer boards than you're actually carrying or not, I just paid :shrug: