Unidentified Surfing Object (USO)

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Not saying what shop in case someone tries to get before I do. :LOL:
They did have calipers and all that. They measured it as a 5'4 x 19 x 2 3/8. Slot channel twin. Felt super good, but wasn't planning on buying anything so I just left it.
In hopes of getting you to extricate yourself from the cultish FW/TOMO/Slater Designs marketing machine, the shop looks like The Board Source in Carlsbad. Now that location has been outed, go get it and experience something other than bubbly glass jobs and sand throughs from Thailand. Good or bad, it’ll be a learning experience in construction and design

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
In hopes of getting you to extricate yourself from the cultish FW/TOMO/Slater Designs marketing machine, the shop looks like The Board Source in Carlsbad. Now that location has been outed, go get it and experience something other than bubbly glass jobs and sand throughs from Thailand. Good or bad, it’ll be a learning experience in construction and design
Dang it Dylan! Now I have to race down there to get it before someone else does.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I came across that one too, but i dont think its the same one. The glassing sticker says "kick ass glassworks - Santa Cruz CA" so i'm guessing LB is in Santa Cruz somewhere?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I came across that one too, but i dont think its the same one. The glassing sticker says "kick ass glassworks - Santa Cruz CA" so i'm guessing LB is in Santa Cruz somewhere?
I thought maybe shaper upgraded his logo lament so @racer1 might score one since he loves that goth look so much :foreheadslap:

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
he's a local shaper who makes boards with pointy noses, no concave bottoms, and PU construction only

edit: just noticed - is that slot channels out the back?

boar looks fun. you should get it. throw these fins in it
View attachment 137794
I've got to be the world's largest sucker. I see those fins and think, gosh... I only I had those beautiful wave carvers, I would finally surf well.

Chumps like me keep the executives at Futures well stocked in cokaine and hooquers