sept/oct on the east coast

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I'm a huge fan of Oct-like Dec 15 around here (Mid-Atlantic).

Went surfing for the first time since I quit surfing last October yesterday -- super fun waves, warm water, rainbow over the lineup, old friends. Surfing's pretty cool.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
it gets epic but doesn't happen very often, you gotta be on it when it does and hope you're not too out of paddle shape from the long stints with no waves
I've put a lot of time in on the Outer Banks over the past 20 years. Been lucky to get some guidance from a couple of locals which has really helped put me on the spot a number of times. If you chase it and know when to be where the place can be magic.

Shot from a session on the South Side of Buxton a couple of Septembers ago.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
it gets epic but doesn't happen very often, you gotta be on it when it does and hope you're not too out of paddle shape from the long stints with no waves
Thats why I swim until the water goes down to 50 and paddle all winter.

Reactions: LifeOnMars

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Spring is underrated in the NE IMO. I remember it as The most consisten/most surfable/decent to good days - in NY at least. Water still cold to keep the kooks at bay. And I remember going fckn nutz by end of Feb w the sh!t weather, n gloom, so the change very welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: menobrah

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
How the fook do you know kook?
lived in NYC intermittently in my early 20s, surfed the tri-state area a bunch (by EC standards)

it gets good but not very often, the best days of the year are an average to decent day at better locales around the planet

you've been a goober crutch rider most of your life, you wouldn't know a decent wave if it broke on your head

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
South winds suck! Hoping to get something out of this swell, winds look funky - could have some fun windows with a drift :shaka:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Starting to get fun here. Just got a few fun zippy little lefts at my jetty. Sand seems really good there for this swell :shaka: :jamon:
stocked to be a surfer again. Winds won’t be ideal and high tide is early morning all weekend which will coincide with the morning off shores. But with solid swell that should not be an issue if the sand does what I think it will

Reactions: manbearpig