Wax

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Seems like we've exhausted our leash string thread, or have we.... so let's go with wax...I'm generally speaking a Zog's guy, but suddenly jumped on the Sister Betsey's bandwagon...FU, Mrs. Palmer's, FCS?

Maybe these companies should offer companion leash strings!

• Love
Reactions: r32

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
The Brazilian stuff, Fu Wax…readily available in Latin America (doesn’t last long, but it’s literally glue while it’s there)

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
When I was a small boy my older brothers would drip paraffin candles on their longboards in the garage.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Usually Sex Wax topped with a sparing amount of Fu when I've got it (It lasts a long time). Otherwise, just a touch up of Sex Wax before each surf.

Mar 7, 2018
Herbie Fletcher approves.
Maybe, I am running southern hemisphere’s equivalent (o&e) but without substantial gaps that require wax. I am a bit of a shuffler…. All the best to the fletchers though. I would buy them a beer at the local if they ever came through this way for the original idea.
wax has become a hassle on some boards. I understand the joy of the ritual. But before work, or in the midst of summer wax can be more hassle than the alternative.
btw I still use sex wax red on my other boards.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Yeah those youtube videos are getting silly. Waxing directions for those who are either extra challenged or maybe obsessive by nature OR nurture. You need a good wax, the right temperature, and reapply when the old doesn't feel sticky anymore, sometimes that's a couple times a day.
The fuwax is special imo.
Leash strings are serious bu probably too deep a conundrum to even compared to plain wax
I bought a beater board (not the soft brand)that had the full deck and hated it. Especially when it was not just boots but everything cold heavy rubber my front foot would get stuck right inside the rail just in front of where my back foot goes. I'm no spring chicken, but damn sure not a winter one but over 50 too... it helped ruin no less than 4 sessions (attempts).!