Album Surfboards

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
This is back when Matt was new to the area and got bitch slapped (not a full beatdown) by a lifetime local for being a prick - cost my buddy a ton of money for something that was over. Shows his character and arrogance - how on earth does he think he deserves the prices he charges. He is a good amateur shaper at best in my opinion.
Pathetic story and not surprised if true.

I don't think it's a big deal to charge primo prices on a product that seems to be giving people an immense amount of fun.

But I think it goes back to the character/arrogance thing when you're charging primo prices cause the board works great but your build has backyard quality.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
This is back when Matt was new to the area and got bitch slapped (not a full beatdown) by a lifetime local for being a prick - cost my buddy a ton of money for something that was over. Shows his character and arrogance - how on earth does he think he deserves the prices he charges. He is a good amateur shaper at best in my opinion.
First off life time local at trestles:toilet:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and Woke AF

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
First off life time local at trestles:toilet:
The old guard at trestles was for real - you showed them respect because it was the right thing to do and there use to be consequences for acting like a prick in the line up - Matt was new and acting entitled and got bitched slapped - that should have been the end of the story - I say he got off lucky. To bring fucking scum sucking parasite lawyers into it was a fucking Puss move. That was just way it was back then. I surf there all the time and the only guy I see out on a Album is Matt - no one else in town rides them - that should tell you something.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The old guard at trestles was for real - you showed them respect because it was the right thing to do and there use to be consequences for acting like a prick in the line up - Matt was new and acting entitled and got bitched slapped - that should have been the end of the story - I say he got off lucky. To bring fucking scum sucking parasite lawyers into it was a fucking Puss move. That was just way it was back then. I surf there all the time and the only guy I see out on a Album is Matt - no one else in town rides them - that should tell you something.
F674D0BB-CE35-4D5B-AA0D-CDD2FC44CD43.gif

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I cant help but chuckle a little when adult children get sent to the principal’s office.

while I support people being slapped when due, I also think adults need to apply discretion and plausible deniability.

if I had to guess the guy who got sued had slapped more than just one person, one might argue it was one slap too many.

kinda sucks if you make yourself the enforcer everyone else relies on you to enforce.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I cant help but chuckle a little when adult children get sent to the principal’s office.

while I support people being slapped when due, I also think adults need to apply discretion and plausible deniability.

if I had to guess the guy who got sued had slapped more than just one person, one might argue it was one slap too many.

kinda sucks if you make yourself the enforcer everyone else relies on you to enforce.
If he actually lost a lawsuit then it’s likely that there’s way more to the story than what was told here.

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
i think the errb lawyers might know if its actually costly to defend a lawsuit over a bitch slap

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
idk, i've seen people lose civil cases where it was pretty clear they were in the right, cuz they were idiots (or broke) and decided to self-represent when the other guy got a lawyer

i once watched a known 'enforcer' in my area file a restraining order (and win) against a dude who was 5'6 and 130 lbs. This was after the enforcer tried to drown the smaller guy and threatened to kill him multiple times. Smaller dude showed up without a lawyer cuz he was pretty clearly in the right, and was an idiot and thought he would win, no-problem against the aggressor, who hired a lawyer. Dudes have no shame nowadays.

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
If he actually lost a lawsuit then it’s likely that there’s way more to the story than what was told here.
Wow! You think there is actual justice in the legal system - what planet are you living on - The legal system is a fucking joke - this goes for the FBI, CIA, IRS all the way down to the local judges - the rule is - he who has the highest paid lawyer with connections to ruling judges wins - end of story - the judges are just as corrupt and maybe more so as the scumbag lawyers before them. Lawyers are parasites - leches that add 0 value to society - they create nothing. You cannot get justice in this country anymore.

Last edited:

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Wow! You think there is actual justice in the legal system - what planet are you living on - The legal system is a fucking joke - this goes for the FBI, CIA, IRS all the way down to the local judges - the rule is - he who has the highest paid lawyer with connections to ruling judges wins - end of story - the judges are just as corrupt and maybe more so as the scumbag lawyers before them. Lawyers add 0 value to society - they create nothing. You cannot get justice in this country anymore.
Could you ever get justice?

To change the subject just a smidgen, I'd just like to comment that my Album Sunstone is one of if not the best paddling board I've ever owned. At 38 liters the sunstone paddles noticeably better than my 42 liter midlength crisis and absurdly better than my 42 liter semi gun.

Just tossing that out there. The Sunstone is a nice, lazy day board.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Could you ever get justice?

To change the subject just a smidgen, I'd just like to comment that my Album Sunstone is one of if not the best paddling board I've ever owned. At 38 liters the sunstone paddles noticeably better than my 42 liter midlength crisis and absurdly better than my 42 liter semi gun.

Just tossing that out there. The Sunstone is a nice, lazy day board.
it is the best paddling boar i ever paddled