California, who are the lunatics in charge?

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Leaving California was easy and gets easier when I see crap like this…get ready for a lithium battery apocalypse.

I thought this was funny until I realized that a number of other states passed laws requiring that they follow the California motor vehicle standards, and my state is one of them. :toilet::toilet::toilet:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I thought this was funny until I realized that a number of other states passed laws requiring that they follow the California motor vehicle standards, and my state is one of them. :toilet::toilet::toilet:
In 13 years you’re gunna be hurting

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Its what they can do

These aids are much more than blind spot alert and back up cameras. Which, by the way you can retrofit into your VW very easily
You want it to parallel park itself too

Why not just learn how to drive

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
And?

Do you think I'm a partisan? My disgust is based on ideology, not party
Too many lawyers.

There is a truck driver driving along, and he stops and picks up a priest to give him a ride.
He’s driving down the highway and he sees a lawyer along the side of the road and thinks, “Hot damn! A lawyer that I could run over!” So he speeds up and heads straight for him.
At the last second he remembers the priest with him. So he swerves real quick to miss him, but still hears a thump. He looks behind, no sign of the lawyer.
He says to the priest “Wow, that was a close one, I almost hit that lawyer!”
The priest then replies “That’s ok son, I got him with my door.”

• Haha
Reactions: hammies and PRCD

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
This graph is misleading. Where are the top 1.1-19.9% for both states? That income range is roughly $60k-700k according to this:
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/texans-pay-more-taxes-than-californians-17400644.php#:~:text=According to ITEP, Texans whose,$23,200 annually) pay 10.5 percent.

If anything, this shows that those who make more money in California pay a higher percentage of their income on taxes, which is ass backwards. What you are seeing in Texas is exactly how it should be.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If anything, this shows that those who make more money in California pay a higher percentage of their income on taxes, which is ass backwards. What you are seeing in Texas is exactly how it should be.
I would respectfully disagree. IMO progressive taxation is the most fair - CA gets it and Texas doesn't.

If you make $50K/year, 100% of that money goes to food, shelter, clothing, transport, and health necessities. There's really no extra money, and any taxes you pay really, really hurt.

If you make $500K/year, food, shelter, clothing, transport, and health necessities can all be paid for lavishly with several hundred thou left over. Any taxes you pay don't hurt your ability to live comfortably at all, and you would still have $$$ left over for sh!t like Porsches and ski trips.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I would respectfully disagree. IMO progressive taxation is the most fair - CA gets it and Texas doesn't.

If you make $50K/year, 100% of that money goes to food, shelter, clothing, transport, and health necessities. There's really no extra money, and any taxes you pay really, really hurt.

If you make $500K/year, food, shelter, clothing, transport, and health necessities can all be paid for lavishly with several hundred thou left over. Any taxes you pay don't hurt your ability to live comfortably at all, and you would still have $$$ left over for sh!t like Porsches and ski trips.
How do you know that about people who earn that much? Why should they not be able to enjoy the fruits of their success? Why should you be entitled to their money?

Because of people who think like you, someone making $500k is getting $136k STOLEN from them.

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 1.48.17 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
How do you know that about people who earn that much? Why should they not be able to enjoy the fruits of their success? Why should you be entitled to their money?

Because of people who think like you, someone making $500k is getting $136k STOLEN from them.

View attachment 136839
I always find it incredibly surprising that you are actually capable of empathy, even though 'empathy is cancer'.

What's fucking hilarious, is where you choose to place that empathy. :roflmao: