Thousand Dollar Thrusters

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Seems like the standard erbb position is to both hate on overseas produced pop outs and domestic custom made boards where you are charged for expertise and attention to detail.

Personally, if I lived in southern california where used 6'0 thrusters are a dime a dozen I'd never buy a new one ever. Surfboardbroker could take my money any time I needed to scratch that itch.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
$900 fireturd contruction cad shape cut and constructed in taiwan sweat shop vs $1000 master shaper glassed in shop otr:shrug:

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
Seems like the standard erbb position is to both hate on overseas produced pop outs and domestic custom made boards where you are charged for expertise and attention to detail.
It's really just to hate surfing and surfboards, in general.

But hey - there's always barber college.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The guy custom orders to the 1/2 inch in length but the size is off…..
Or maybe not. The shaper might be measuring length on a straight line on the deck side. Most surfers measure a board over the bottom. A lot of surfers don't understand the difference. Most surfers can't work the smart end of a tape measure for that matter.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
$900 fireturd contruction cad shape cut and constructed in taiwan sweat shop vs $1000 master shaper glassed in shop otr:shrug:
I only own one Firewire and its a Sunday. I found an LFT construction Firewire Seaside and beyond for sale used that had the common red staining on it. Bought it for $500 Aud (with a nice quad set inc) and sent an email to Firewire with pics. They said they would replace it but no stock so will let me know when new board was in stock. So I asked if they had a Sunday in helium construction with colour in stock? Yes, ok can I have that instead? No problem...a few days later brand new board arrives. Nice lurk because I can ride it and flip it for a few hundred profit.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I only own one Firewire and its a Sunday. I found an LFT construction Firewire Seaside and beyond for sale used that had the common red staining on it. Bought it for $500 Aud (with a nice quad set inc) and sent an email to Firewire with pics. They said they would replace it but no stock so will let me know when new board was in stock. So I asked if they had a Sunday in helium construction with colour in stock? Yes, ok can I have that instead? No problem...a few days later brand new board arrives. Nice lurk because I can ride it and flip it for a few hundred profit.
If that is what you call good customer service costco does same with wavestorms stocked:shaka:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
If that is what you call good customer service costco does same with wavestorms stocked:shaka:
Didn't call it anything. Just noted a loophole that can be used for fun and profit in case others may want to take advantage of it. A mate of mine has done it with 3 boards over time and there were no questions asked.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Outlines look pretty nice to me
View attachment 134792
I counted twelve of these in the racks yesterday. $875 was the highest price. FWIW, I'm sorry, but they didn't feel very high performance to me. The hard edge in the tail ends not far in front of the fins. And the rails up front felt more like 50/50 rails one might see on a longboar.

I did see a $2500 Longboar from Choice, aka Pavel.

Apparently there is an EPS shortage, blanks are tough to come by

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
When was that? I think my pos flyer was 580 back in 2005. I have never seen a moonlight glassed board either thats cool. just krappeson or other trash glassing operations
Many many many moons ago. It was one of the sickest boards ever And JPs? spray job was epic. Glass on fins fcs plugs for a trailer

Fwiw I don’t think current prices are unreasonable just sticker shocked and feels old man

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Reactions: MathDebater