The illegal street vendors have taken over the boardwalk and I’m a bit pissed about it.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Just got back from late night recon on bike. They are laughing at our pathetic asses. They own us.

Backstory, I’ve been pissed for the past few years about their 10x10 pop up tents that they use on the boardwalk and block the view of the ocean and access to the beach with their sh!t they sell. Thanks Gov. French Laundry For that one. Asshat.

Lately - I’ve been in touch with city officials about it but they do not have any enforcement power at his time, and all the complaints I’ve filed are futile. They are some beauts I have submitted I have to admit.

So I cruised down tonight on the boardwalk to suss out their Skelton tent poles and maybe move them to a more convient and less hazardous location for all of us that use the boardwalk.

It didn’t go exactly as planned. FNA…I ran into some enforcers.

who are these enforcers?

Well let me shed a little light on this. They have organized a group of people to camp underneath the vending area and skelton poles that are attached to the boardwalk During the evening and night. Then on top of that, they have young kids, 15-18 year old range, over looking themon the other side of the boardwalk.

How do I know this?

I first started farking with the abondanded pop up tent poles that are locked to the boardwalk to see what would happen. Out came a women from the tents bitchin about me being white and they Hispanic. Of course they claimed I was harassing them racially…..But alas , to their credit, Big Ball of Brown just doesn’t even make a nudge for me. :)

I did tell them to go kick rocks and…THIS IS MY BEACH, MY WAVE, GO HOME…Sometimes there is just a cultural barrier to see my brilliance. Oh well

Enter the El Ninos Poni, Ha ..I was ready to take on 3 to 4 of those farkers, of course in a weird parallel universe, becuase in this one, I would have been doomed to life contemplating how to get to the next while looking through a set of bars while some dood co habitaing in my space from scrapping with the zit poppers.

Doomed we all are.

My Beach, My Wave, Go Home!!!!!!

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just got back from late night recon on bike. They are laughing at our pathetic asses. They own us.

Backstory, I’ve been pissed for the past few years about their 10x10 pop up tents that they use on the boardwalk and block the view of the ocean and access to the beach with their sh!t they sell. Thanks Gov. French Laundry For that one. Asshat.

Lately - I’ve been in touch with city officials about it but they do not have any enforcement power at his time, and all the complaints I’ve filed are futile. They are some beauts I have submitted I have to admit.

So I cruised down tonight on the boardwalk to suss out their Skelton tent poles and maybe move them to a more convient and less hazardous location for all of us that use the boardwalk.

It didn’t go exactly as planned. FNA…I ran into some enforcers.

who are these enforcers?

Well let me shed a little light on this. They have organized a group of people to camp underneath the vending area and skelton poles that are attached to the boardwalk During the evening and night. Then on top of that, they have young kids, 15-18 year old range, over looking themon the other side of the boardwalk.

How do I know this?

I first started farking with the abondanded pop up tent poles that are locked to the boardwalk to see what would happen. Out came a women from the tents bitchin about me being white and they Hispanic. Of course they claimed I was harassing them racially…..But alas , to their credit, Big Ball of Brown just doesn’t even make a nudge for me. :)

I did tell them to go kick rocks and…THIS IS MY BEACH, MY WAVE, GO HOME…Sometimes there is just a cultural barrier to see my brilliance. Oh well

Enter the El Ninos Poni, Ha ..I was ready to take on 3 to 4 of those farkers, of course in a weird parallel universe, becuase in this one, I would have been doomed to life contemplating how to get to the next while looking through a set of bars while some dood co habitaing in my space from scrapping with the zit poppers.

Doomed we all are.

My Beach, My Wave, Go Home!!!!!!
The city doesn't really enforce anything unless it's a quid pro quo sort of deal.

The way they were able to push the homeless into Logan Heights is an excellent example of this.

All they ever do is claim no enforcement power or not enough resources, yet if you're in an area of influence things get done.

We've had construction going on at the end of our alley for the past year, it's a no parking alley and there's a huge sign. The workers park their cars and trucks right next to the "No Parking" sign and block the entrance to the alley. Everyone in the alley has missed trash pickup multiple times because of this. Calls from neihgbors for parking enforcement are futile, the parking enforcement vehicle drives right by the alley when they're blocking it and do nothing. It should be 5 easy tickets for an obvious violation but they ignore it while moving on to give one ticket for wheels being too far from the curb... a magic halo of protection surrounds the developer.

• Angry
Reactions: grapedrink

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
The city doesn't really enforce anything unless it's a quid pro quo sort of deal.

The way they were able to push the homeless into Logan Heights is an excellent example of this.

All they ever do is claim no enforcement power or not enough resources, yet if you're in an area of influence things get done.

We've had construction going on at the end of our alley for the past year, it's a no parking alley and there's a huge sign. The workers park their cars and trucks right next to the "No Parking" sign and block the entrance to the alley. Everyone in the alley has missed trash pickup multiple times because of this. Calls from neihgbors for parking enforcement are futile, the parking enforcement vehicle drives right by the alley when they're blocking it and do nothing. It should be 5 easy tickets for an obvious violation but they ignore it while moving on to give one ticket for wheels being too far from the curb... a magic halo of protection surrounds the developer.
Why have laws? Blue wave!

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
This is what our beaches/boardwalk have turned into.

View attachment 132450
View attachment 132451
View attachment 132452
View attachment 132453
The skelton pop up tents **** me off to no end. They have chained them together and to the cement railing structure permanently 24/7 to claim their space. Public Nuisance And hazard, along with restricting access to beach entrances.
fkn bs. try starting ur own as legit business and watch all the permits and taxes needed. these aholes are not only doing this but doing it tax free.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
View attachment 132453
The skelton pop up tents **** me off to no end. They have chained them together and to the cement railing structure permanently 24/7 to claim their space. Public Nuisance And hazard, along with restricting access to beach entrances.
Time to go down there with a pair of bolt cutters. As soon as your bum box or lean 2 starts blocking public right of ways- no mercy.

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Negocios informales. They are everywhere in Mexico. Right in front of negocios formales. Blocking the door. Sometimes selling the same exact product. 25% cheaper. They have an association and strong community representatives. They pay gangsters for permission/protection and low level government slugs to look the other way. Most of what’s sold is black market stuff.

Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just because SF citizens have allowed public right of ways to become an open air homeless shelter/drug den/tent city doesn't mean that the rest of California has to.
Multiple sidewalks in SD are now filled with the garbage of homeless hoarders.

Watched this hoarding methhead furiously sawing away at WTF the other afternoon, thousands of pounds of garbage haorded on the sidewalk. Who can guess how much in his RV?

https://youtube.com/shorts/XKfb_coDPn4 <<<<what's up with this whole "YouTube shorts" thing? They don't embed.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
so the city/county has an opportunity to make some fee/permit/license dough as well as their share of the sales tax and they do jackshit nothing to regulate?

basically because they are lazy and dont want to eff with a historically burdened underclass for fear of what? backlash from the latinx "community"?

looks like food is being served. no county health dept concerns either? huh?

i would think a late night fly by on ebikes with baseball bats by the locals would make a lasting impression on those cheapass aluminum tent frames