YOLO ALERTS

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
I have to admit that I'm saving it for a trip in August
So you’re NOT riding it BECAUSE of an upcoming trip? I would be doing the exact opposite of that, tbh. Wasted spot in the board bag if you find out you’re not jelling with it during the trip, rather than dialing it in before you leave

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
@tedshred5
How about a ride report on the RNF96?
On the board in general or with the Elmores?

Board could be a 1 board quiver. It’s a stock 5’8, I’d go thicker if I went custom. Feels more shortboardy than fishy compared to say a Lightbender- not as much glide, you have to surf it actively to get moving, and it has more pivot. Front half feels like my old RNF Retro and back half is more business. Have ridden it in point surf and beachbreak and it works well in both. Didn’t like it without a trailer fin though, twin fins are set at 8.5”. Elmores are pretty stiff fins, so a lot to push against, not as loose as the rastas.

Last edited:

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
So you’re NOT riding it BECAUSE of an upcoming trip? I would be doing the exact opposite of that, tbh. Wasted spot in the board bag if you find out you’re not jelling with it during the trip, rather than dialing it in before you leave
You're right of course! Against reason I want the maiden voyage to be at a spot where I had a magic session on its predecessor (PJHP) though

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Plasmic v2 tails trip me out.

i think outline looks better without the wing but new tail looks like it is compensating for lack of area reduction.

Reactions: Aruka

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Plasmic v2 tails trip me out.

i think outline looks better without the wing but new tail looks like it is compensating for lack of area reduction.
so that's a v1? she's a chunker

also, for all the folks railing against Album's glassing, other than some normal pressures, it's in pretty good shape. the seller said he rode it quite a bit

Reactions: Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
so that's a v1? she's a chunker

also, for all the folks railing against Album's glassing, other than some normal pressures, it's in pretty good shape. the seller said he rode it quite a bit
No, that’s the newer one. OG has the wing and dismond tail is closer to an actual diamond (lost rocket tail if we are honest).

Reactions: tedshred5

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Mines has no wing and without comparing I think it's good without, more area to push off in mussh plus love the way tail slides out on nearly every roundhouse rebound. if it's hollow and I want more grip I wouldn't choose that anyway, Plasmic in waves with a lip is kind of frustrating when u see lip you've already flown past it maybe a wing would help but not much, still too flat.

Reactions: Havoc