Album Surfboards

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Trace these on a sheet of graph paper , give values for area change and movement of that area in relation to pressure - you will not like what you see . The real world of design does exist , possibly not in surfboard fins
Ok @griffinsurfboard what about these, they are the next set of fins I’d like to try in my mini ghost
1652574249933.jpeg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
im just fckin with ya man. i don't really get the jack freestone + album thing. the guy rips but always kind of looks like he's overpowering his equipment and i don't think the flatter, wider alt boards are helping in that regard.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
im just fckin with ya man. i don't really get the jack freestone + album thing. the guy rips but always kind of looks like he's overpowering his equipment and i don't think the flatter, wider alt boards are helping in that regard.
From a marketing perspective, pushing Freestone I bet Album is trying to develop another niche clientele, the younger alternative ripper that Kerr doesn't really attract(too old).
I agree he seems to over-surf his boards and Albums boards are no different for him. I wonder if sales are down or if they sense the Album hype is on the wane.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I dunno. Someone mentioned that Matt has a troop of kids, so I suspect he just wants to get all he can get right now while the hype is strong. Adding a new product category, aka thrusters(LOL), with a HP guy like Freestone, is just smart. I don’t know if anyone is buying their collab freewing model, but it was certainly worth a shot. If it works, could add 5-6 “new” thruster models in next couple years, and then endless variations. I mean, just look how many twin models they have!

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Those who base their business on the hype-wave and try to get the next one or milk it all the way to the inside... historically not a good business plan. Unless you don't mind cut and running.

Producing poor glassing and not giving a fck about it, would give me nightmares if it was my business but :violin:

Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Those who base their business on the hype-wave and try to get the next one or milk it all the way to the inside... historically not a good business plan. Unless you don't mind cut and running.

Producing poor glassing and not giving a fck about it, would give me nightmares if it was my business but :violin:
He knew the hypetrain was hitting, lots of people don't know any better, and lots of free money was floating around looking to get spent..and people aren't as emotionally connected to free money as they are with money they earned.

He seized the moment and capitalized on it in a major way.

Eventually, like the keel fish hype, the twin fin hype will be over, and he is going to have to find another way to market.