***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I have a Middy on order and was told it goes well as a quad but as thruster the futures Pivot Template.
looking forward to hearing the review.

have had about a dozen sessions or more on my midstrength and have not had a bad session yet. this is in conditions from knee high to hh++. the thing just goes. lots of rocker and concave = lively ride. so many memorable waves. looking at a middy next.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Black Dart Middy available.
Yes, it’s mine. No..no shame plugging it here too!:computer:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So, given your initial impressions, when would you realistically grab the CI over your beloved vah-kerr-ohs?
Just curious.
I might dump the CI.

Beyond that, I’ll probably surf the CI at the nearby points when it’s firing and really crowded.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Not generally a CI fan but I rode my friends 6'6 Mid last summer and it was very fun. On par with my custom 7'0 egg from a construction standpoint and was a good mix of classic low rocker with a bit of modern rail and bottom contours through the fins.

I really don't like mid's that are more "performance" oriented as they tend to feel like un-weildy shortboards. Usually too much rocker and too shortboardy rails and they just don't feel right.

The CI struck a good balance I thought. Would consider getting one in 6'6 or 6'8 for more hollow days when my 7'0 doesnt' really fit.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
any cheat I’ve ever gotten out of a bigger board like a mid I’ve regretted once up on the wave. I like around 6’8-7’2, but even then they feel unwieldy when I’m flying down the line and deciding whether to kick out yet.

crowds would have to be really bad to make me consider it over a crowd cheater short board.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
these kinda look they could be fun on south county winter reefs / more maneuverable than a single fin

Last edited:
May 20, 2020
I've been eyeing one of these: