Bozeman real estate.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I love it! :love:

Whoever resides in that quaint little cottage deserves an A+ for good housekeeping! :monkey:
Riiiggghhtt ..... until one of your roomies needs to use the head, another needs to get his teethe out of his "soaking bowl." The g/f needs her girlie monthly "pad" and yer all trying to squeeeze down the narrow hallway of your quaint cottage.
And I'm betting that there isn't a local sewer system connected to "city services" sooooo ..?
Say "Cesspool" 1000 times ~ "Pump truck 500 times
:nana:

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
unrelated to baffled wandering californians, did you ever hear of the book ‘chickenhawk’?
forgot who wrote it, but it’s about his time in VN, flying those things. scary stuff.
Donuts - thanks for the Chickenhawk reference. I have been looking for that book for a while but had forgotten the title. A friend of mine has a son who just started training at an Army facility to be an Air Force rescue pilot and I remembered I had read a Vietnam helicopter book 25 or 30 years ago that really explained a lot of the training exercises and technical stuff involved with flying helicopters which I though he could read and then maybe be able to talk about with his son. I thought it was the book CW2 so I ordered us both a copy but CW2 was long on the war and short on helicopter details so I knew I had the wrong book. The Google books preview pages of Chickenhawk have all that technical stuff I was looking for - thanks again!

Reactions: Chocki

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I wonder how many people who bought during the real estate bonanza of the past few years will be dumping these properties once the reality of the drought settles in?

I know 3 people that bought - two in Idaho, one in Montana.

All three bought sight unseen.

They were, erm, a little disappointed in the fact all their summers now belong to smoke and fire.

Now hoping for snow.

Good luck.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I wonder how many people who bought during the real estate bonanza of the past few years will be dumping these properties once the reality of the drought settles in?

I know 3 people that bought - two in Idaho, one in Montana.

All three bought sight unseen.

They were, erm, a little disappointed in the fact all their summers now belong to smoke and fire.

Now hoping for snow.

Good luck.
For some reason, this looks warmer than it should be.

1641949389701.png

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Funny you should mention Whitefish and Bozeman have jumped the shark.

Part I - Good surfing friend of mine moved to Whitefish from Seattle. He and his wife both make very good money, probably around $300k total per year + stock options from Amazon. They moved from Seattle because they said it was going to absolute sh!t and since they are hardcore outdoorsy folk, Whitefish, MT looked inviting.

Now he tells me they bought some land and working with some architect firm to build a beautiful custom home in Whitefish. My first thought was, is this a sign Whitefish is fucked because all the wealthy tech fucks are going to start moving there?

Part II - My cousin lives in Hamilton, MT. He's a programmer. Couple years of ago he was saying there is a big push by tech to setup shop in Bozeman and that it's kind of becoming a mini Silicon Valley. Lots of money coming into town, new tech jobs, and developers are planning on new business complexes, new housing, etc. All to cater to the tech money that has been steadily moving there.

Locals in both areas are not happy about all this, of course.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Funny you should mention Whitefish and Bozeman have jumped the shark.

Part I - Good surfing friend of mine moved to Whitefish from Seattle. He and his wife both make very good money, probably around $300k total per year + stock options from Amazon. They moved from Seattle because they said it was going to absolute sh!t and since they are hardcore outdoorsy folk, Whitefish, MT looked inviting.

Now he tells me they bought some land and working with some architect firm to build a beautiful custom home in Whitefish. My first thought was, is this a sign Whitefish is fucked because all the wealthy tech fucks are going to start moving there?

Part II - My cousin lives in Hamilton, MT. He's a programmer. Couple years of ago he was saying there is a big push by tech to setup shop in Bozeman and that it's kind of becoming a mini Silicon Valley. Lots of money coming into town, new tech jobs, and developers are planning on new business complexes, new housing, etc. All to cater to the tech money that has been steadily moving there.

Locals in both areas are not happy about all this, of course.
Whitefish is the new Jackson Hole.

My buddy moved there about 5 years ago (Whitefish). It is out of control.

Rich transplants killing the local vibe and driving up real estate prices all around.

Another buddy of mine that used to work for Billabong just left San Clemente and moved to Eagle Idaho this past year. The housing prices he told me that he was looking at seemed outrageous to me.

I think I'll just stay put in my little bread box in Newport Beach until I die. The price is right but I'm pretty sick of the crowds too so time will tell. :unsure: