Anyone want some wine?

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I can attest. Worth the drive. Funny story today. Driving back from Paso today and heavy rain from Santa Barbara to LA. I told my lady we were stopping in LA to pick up wine from a stranger I have never talked to on phone or met before and she was like WTF are you kidding? What if he robs us? Or has a gun? I call her doomsday. Told her some erBB stories and she was even more scared. enframed texts me to meet at Nakatomi Plaza. I was like no way. For a second I was like damn there is potential to being trolled for real. Pulled up out front in the drop off area and 30 seconds later he was there with 2 cases of wine. It was a 20 second exchange. Thanks bro. My lady was like I don't get it. Some stranger just gave you $600 worth of wine at Nakatomi Plaza? Yup! Yew! STOCKED! A case of Rose and a case of mostly reds. 2 really good Napa Cabs, Sonoma Pinot and some Italian wines. Thank you so much. I will share for sure!
20211230_181945.jpg

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I can attest. Worth the drive. Funny story today. Driving back from Paso today and heavy rain from Santa Barbara to LA. I told my lady we were stopping in LA to pick up wine from a stranger I have never talked to on phone or met before and she was like WTF are you kidding? What if he robs us? Or has a gun? I call her doomsday. Told her some erBB stories and she was even more scared. enframed texts me to meet at Nakatomi Plaza. I was like no way. For a second I was like damn there is potential to being trolled for real. Pulled up out front in the drop off area and 30 seconds later he was there with 2 cases of wine. It was a 20 second exchange. Thanks bro. My lady was like I don't get it. Some stranger just gave you $600 worth of wine at Nakatomi Plaza? Yup! Yew! STOCKED! A case of Rose and a case of mostly reds. 2 really good Napa Cabs, Sonoma Pinot and some Italian wines. Thank you so much. I will share for sure!
View attachment 121570
Damn, those 2 are a score :beer:

Reactions: gbg

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Score. Wish I could have made it, found out Sunday that I spent 3 days with at least 2 infected people.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Enjoy the wines. Yeah the O'Shaugnessy is great wine. The Sean Minor stuff is solid, too. I think that was in there...can't remember.

And thanks for the blaufrankisch and aglianico, never had either from domestic wineries.

I have 10 more cases...
If no one else steps up and u wanna unload my son who is 22 is 30 mins from you. He will take a case. I cant believe no one else scooped it up. Thanks again. Yes 3 good Sean Minor wines. Happy to get you a day at Mugu this spring.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Enjoy the wines. Yeah the O'Shaugnessy is great wine. The Sean Minor stuff is solid, too. I think that was in there...can't remember.

And thanks for the blaufrankisch and aglianico, never had either from domestic wineries.

I have 10 more cases...
Are you around this week end?

I might shoot up on Sunday morning.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Making french onion soup for dinner and recipe calls for red wine. I used the Primitivo and it is tasty.

Reactions: enframed

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
LOVE French onion soup. I need to make that this winter actually.

There's a place in LA called Bicyclette, best onion soup I've had outside of France. They say it takes something like at least five days to make it, just reduce it again and again. Some crusty Raclette on the top and served with a baguette. That and the steak tartare is all I ever get there. Fcuk, I'm hungry.

Reactions: grapedrink and gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
LOVE French onion soup. I need to make that this winter actually.

There's a place in LA called Bicyclette, best onion soup I've had outside of France. They say it takes something like at least five days to make it, just reduce it again and again. Some crusty Raclette on the top and served with a baguette. That and the steak tartare is all I ever get there. Fcuk, I'm hungry.
I was going to get filet, scallops and shrimp cocktail. She was like nah I want french onion soup. Huh?