Wavegarden Bristol

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
  • The lake uses six million litres of water (A high-tech on-site water treatment plant keeps waters clear and clean. This involves filtration, UV treatment and a very small dose of chlorine to bring it up to drinking water quality
Yeah not worried it’s my UK wetsuit here to be used and like my cousin said it’s a box ticker for me.
45 pounds and you get about 15-20 set waves. our normal spot is crap now so worth the drive as well.

going to surf the advanced right tomorrow and expert wave next week

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
  • The lake uses six million litres of water (A high-tech on-site water treatment plant keeps waters clear and clean. This involves filtration, UV treatment and a very small dose of chlorine to bring it up to drinking water quality
Good to know. So chlorine probs not too bad.

I wouldn't even give that a second thought
Cause most people don't use wetsuits in pools.

Those that do end up with cheesecloth.

Of course in this case it sounds like the chlorine is a non-issue.

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
was a good call to check on the chlorine. It’s a non issue apparently .

thinking I probably want more foam than normal. Have a 6’1 hpsb, 6’2 red beauty and a 5’8 fish from a local shaper to choose from at cousins. going to another one of his friends in a bit to check out some more options and smoke some local indoor.

stocked!

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
You shower off in your suit after, so no chlorine stays on it.
It was not a pleasant experience for me... couldn't make head nor tail of the wave. Don't pick a flat rockered board like I did, the drop is awkward along with every other bit of it!! Nothing like the ocean and there's pressure to perform, that never works for me!! :)
The place was filthy and food there is badly over-price (take your own). You have to walk 15 minutes from the car park! The staff were in short supply and short on manners.
Not something I would repeat but others seemed to enjoy it. It made me appreciate the ocean more though.