The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
On Saturday I switched from my 3/2 to a 4/3 for the season. Air temp cooled down into the high 30's and water around 54. Fall wasn't all that cold up here but the 3/2 did an excellent job getting me this far. Lots of people out there wearing 4/3's and 5/4's for a couple months now.

New Cyber 4/3 with smoothie and fuzzy liner felt cozy. They are using some new rubber which feels great. Also picked up some new Manera 5mm booties which are the best fitting bootie I've tried.

Dec 28, 2019
On Saturday I switched from my 3/2 to a 4/3 for the season. Air temp cooled down into the high 30's and water around 54. Fall wasn't all that cold up here but the 3/2 did an excellent job getting me this far. Lots of people out there wearing 4/3's and 5/4's for a couple months now.

New Cyber 4/3 with smoothie and fuzzy liner felt cozy. They are using some new rubber which feels great. Also picked up some new Manera 5mm booties which are the best fitting bootie I've tried.
How much was your Cyber 4/3 and how long did it take to get it?

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Really need something like this but don't trust anything without a drawcord at the waist not to ride up.

Bought a new O'Neill jacket. Limited options, and I was keen to get one that was a bit longer and didn't ride up, so got this:

Can't even feel the front zip when paddling, and it is perfect for cool offshore mornings. Very warm. And when the katabatic dies and you get too hot, I just open it a tad.

Reactions: MathDebater

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
couple sessions with the 4/3 Vissla High Seas II including this AM which was cold by San Diego standards. Overall pretty solid suit for the price.
Flexibility 8/10 if 10/10 is an ONeill Hyperfreak
Warmth 8/10
Fit 7/10 only bc there's no LS sizes on the High Seas, so I got a L which is slightly long in the arms and legs, but it's all good

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The water has been like 60 degrees the past few days and I'm seeing people shivering in new suits, hoods, and boots and talking about being cold. O'neill Hyperfreak and Rip Curl something bomb.

There are lots of new Visslas out there and I haven't seen anyone shivering in those or complaining they're "Cold already."

Hope this helps.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and ReForest

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I just got a Quik Everyday Sessions 3/2 and have worn it twice. Very comfy, easy getting on and off, and kept me warm on fairly brisk mornings. Hopefully it holds up, but so far I like it.
Handful of sessions in this suit so far and am happy with it. XLT fits me like it was custom (6'3", 210ish), isn't leaking
in the crotch, warm enough down to probably 60. Don't love the detached front zipper action on the chest-zip, but not
a big deal. Solid suit for $200 so far.

Reactions: ReForest

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
oneil mutant has been one of the favorite suits I've owned. was boiling this morning at dawn but I was getting a lot fo waves.

nice to be able to surf without a hood after the 7AM comes around. still warm as I should be and the suit is flexible as fark.

my feral has held up really well and dries super fast. the fit is weird though. my suit is made for peeps up to 6'3" . I am in between 6 and 6'1 and it's too short

Reactions: jkb and MathDebater

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
oneil mutant has been one of the favorite suits I've owned. was boiling this morning at dawn but I was getting a lot fo waves.

nice to be able to surf without a hood after the 7AM comes around. still warm as I should be and the suit is flexible as fark.

my feral has held up really well and dries super fast. the fit is weird though. my suit is made for peeps up to 6'3" . I am in between 6 and 6'1 and it's too short
So true on the feral. I have a MT and I’m between 5’11 and 6 and it fits perfect when it should be long duck dong.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly