erBB mattress recommendations

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Want to upgrade to a king size.

Current queen size - Serta iComfort w/ a 10 or 15 year warranty.
After 1 year - lots of sagging - and we're both under 150 lbs.
They sent a guy out to measure for warranty claim (approved) then sent over a replacement.
After 1 year, same problem.
Called customer service - they told me "No warranty on the replacement mattress."

My goal is to avoid the above again.

Would like recs from people who have been sleeping on the same mattress for a while that's held up.

"I just got it a month ago and it's great!" doesn't count.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
a few years ago i googled best mattress money can buy. this came up

i dont regret the decision. its a lovely bed. its sags a little bit because i sleep on one side. all mattresses gonna sag.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
10-15 year warranty on a mattress? One of Larry Miller’s slogans is “after 8 it’s time to replace“

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
Upgrading to a king was a game changer.

We have a Casper. Decently priced. Was initially firm but after a week or two it got better, over 2 years in now and I still like it. No sag, I’m ~180 lbs.

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
have had a ca king simmons beautyrest black for going on a dozen years and not feeling any imminent need to replace it.

was expensive as you could find back in the day. no regrets.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Amerisleep, tempurpedic imitation. had both and it’s just as good. Why fork out extra when you can pay less for the same quality?

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I bought a queen-sized tempurpedic with a remote that allows to raise the head, feet, and has a massage feature. I rarely use any of these options and bought the bed 10 years ago. I rotate the mattress once a year and it is still going strong. .. although I miss the smell that the mattress had the first year.

There is a bed out now that detects and helps control sleep apnea that I either read about or heard about on the radio - that's my next one. I have a mouth guard to control my apnea in the meantime - sorry if that was too much info :roflmao:

Reactions: PJ

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Want to upgrade to a king size.

Current queen size - Serta iComfort w/ a 10 or 15 year warranty.
After 1 year - lots of sagging - and we're both under 150 lbs.
They sent a guy out to measure for warranty claim (approved) then sent over a replacement.
After 1 year, same problem.
Called customer service - they told me "No warranty on the replacement mattress."
That mattress is trash. Had the same one and it happened to me as well, I had to replace it after barely 2 years because of the sagging. Unfortunately when level with nobody in it, the level of sagging wasn't enough for the warranty :rolleyes:

I have a pricey tempurpedic now and its going strong with no sagging going on 5 years. What I don't like is that I sleep hot, so I'm not sure if foam is right for me, even with the supposed "cooler" foam. Might go with a foam + spring hybrid next time.

King is well worth it. I'm tall so I went with CA King (4" longer but minus 4" width from regular king). Won't stop your wife from pushing you to the outer edge and stealing all the sheets though :drowning:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Upgrading to a king was a game changer.

We have a Casper. Decently priced. Was initially firm but after a week or two it got better, over 2 years in now and I still like it. No sag, I’m ~180 lbs.
Likewise. If you are married or cohabitating with your partner GET A KING BED AND THANK ME EVERY MONTH FOR AS LONG AS YOU STAY MARRIED. That being shouted, I too sleep on a Casper king and after several years it is just a comfortable as ever. Firm but not obnoxiously so. You can get a slight pillow top mattress pad if you like that luxe hotel feeling. They last as long as you would really want to keep a mattress....we’ve had ours probably 7 years now, might get a new one Soon but no hurry

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That mattress is trash. Had the same one and it happened to me as well, I had to replace it after barely 2 years because of the sagging. Unfortunately when level with nobody in it, the level of sagging wasn't enough for the warranty :rolleyes:

I have a pricey tempurpedic now and its going strong with no sagging going on 5 years. What I don't like is that I sleep hot, so I'm not sure if foam is right for me, even with the supposed "cooler" foam. Might go with a foam + spring hybrid next time.

King is well worth it. I'm tall so I went with CA King (4" longer but minus 4" width from regular king). Won't stop your wife from pushing you to the outer edge and stealing all the sheets though :drowning:
Ha, my wife lets our 4 pound puppy bully her around her half of the bed. I just laugh at them both from my side with plenty of space all to myself

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
King size Zenhaven. Unfortunately, it's about $600 more than it was when I purchased it.

Whatever you spend on a mattress is going to be well worth it.

The Saatva latex hybrid looks good too.