Guess the Spot, Canada edition.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Have had some good ones up there. Seems pretty tapped these days, at least at the land based spots. I've seen a 1000 plus pics and vids of this fickle spot and others. These vids have kinda lost their mystique, but cold water and PNWscapes are routine for me. 5mm Canada and Shrink were classic vids though and always got me fired up to put on the rubber. Would like to check off NS thou. My cousin was chasing cane swells up there 20 years ago and scoooring. Those spots look better than what I've seen out west. Surfing up there is almost as popular as hockey eh.

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Always wanted to check out NS, a buddy since school daze used to go on hunting trips up there. Wife and I will probably go eventually, she's from Maine originally, so there's bucket list stuff further up the coast in my future, but I'm thinking camera and fishing rod by the time we get there, unless it's an August-September tropical no-brainer easy to call situation. The gigantorish tides alone can make it super interesting just to beachcomb IMO.