Pyzel Mini Ghost

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
damn, maybe best he's ever surfed?
I'm not as critical of his surfing as say, Freeride is, and I usually quite like his surfing, but Noel looks like a cripple on it. It seems I'm the only one who think the board looks terrible (maybe me, and @Hazrus ' brother)

I've loved all the Pyzels I've had, but this one I just don't like the look of at all, either physically in store or in videos. Even in the Stab thingo, I thought both Mason and Coco didn't look good, either.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
He surfs exactly the same on every board. It's kinda why his reviews aren't that helpful. I bet if you looked at a dozen videos of his on tris, quads. twins of various lengths and designs you couldn't pick out a single board. His style and approach is incredibly consistent.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
hahha fck maybe my bar is really low. I don't watch a lot of his reviews but I thought he was ripping.
I don't usually think that highly of N. Salad. But he looked MUCH better in this video. Perhaps it's because the waves were a bit larger than what he usually show us.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I don't usually think that highly of N. Salad. But he looked MUCH better in this video. Perhaps it's because the waves were a bit larger than what he usually show us.
looks sped up, round tail looked better off the bottom backhand and frontside wraps

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
He surfs exactly the same on every board. It's kinda why his reviews aren't that helpful. I bet if you looked at a dozen videos of his on tris, quads. twins of various lengths and designs you couldn't pick out a single board. His style and approach is incredibly consistent.
That’s the result when you only review at Lowers. Not much variety and you can make just about every board work well in those waves. So the idea of a review doesn’t hold much weight if it’s always at that spot, at least to me. IMO, not worth watching unless he mixes in some different spots. I’ve seen enough of the same turns(good ones for sure) after just 2 full reviews

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
That’s the result when you only review at Lowers. Not much variety and you can make just about every board work well in those waves. So the idea of a review doesn’t hold much weight if it’s always at that spot, at least to me. IMO, not worth watching unless he mixes in some different spots. I’ve seen enough of the same turns(good ones for sure) after just 2 full reviews
remember watching one video where he said the Waco pool party was his first "surf trip" in 20+ years, wouldn't count on seeing many reviews outside a 50 mile radius of south OC.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
I cannot believe how many Pyzels were on the beach and in the water this weekend.

Channel bottom twins and Pyzels as far as the eye can see.

And one slightly overweight kook not on either (me)
I'm gonna keep buying Pyzels till I get a bad one. So far I've got a Padillac, a Shadow and a Ghost and I've yet to find something I don't enjoy.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
looks sped up, round tail looked better off the bottom backhand and frontside wraps
I won't argue that people don't speed up footage, but in Noel's case, I'm pretty sure it has to do with shooting video at higher frame rates and then it being converted to 1080p 30FPS. If it was 60FPS, then YT would have said so;
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 8.25.29 am.png