Self-defense Texas Style

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."
Just like they do in Chicago.

As far as this Texas thing is concerned. I’d have pistol whipped him myself. Ammo is expensive.
everybody is a bad man on teh interwebs

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Raise your hand if you don’t think Carruth was waiting for the opportunity to kill someone in self-defense. When guns and the idea of self-defense are that big a priority in ones life it’s clear that they’re just chomping at the bit for the opportunity to say “I didn’t want to do it, he gave me no choice“ or whatever it is he said to the camera as his gf’s ex lay dying on the ground. It’s pretty clear to me that he rehearsed that moment or some version of it in his head over and over again. He got to live out his fantasy. Unfortunately that kind of fantasy is difficult to prove in a court of law without a reasonable doubt, but the laws in many states protect this type of fantasy.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Raise your hand if you don’t think Carruth was waiting for the opportunity to kill someone in self-defense. When guns and the idea of self-defense are that big a priority in ones life it’s clear that they’re just chomping at the bit for the opportunity to say “I didn’t want to do it, he gave me no choice“ or whatever it is he said to the camera as his gf’s ex lay dying on the ground. It’s pretty clear to me that he rehearsed that moment or some version of it in his head over and over again. He got to live out his fantasy.
I'd like to believe that the universe always corrects itself but I know better.

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
Introduce a gun into a strictly verbal altercation provoking the other party, fear for your life and stand your ground and then say you didn’t want to do it…

Pretty clear to me that while the victim clearly didn’t act wisely in his best interests that the situation clearly went south the moment the shooter left and returned with a loaded firearm. Now not only is there a fatherless kid, but he’s gotta live with the fact that his mothers boyfriend killed his father.

only a mentally ill moron would provoke a person with a gun. Whatta tard.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
they work better than you think. So does a roll of quarters.
“ Originally formed in 1857, The New York Metropolitan Police force was made up of 300 raw recruits with little or no training who were sent in to the city to control riots and police the crime infested five points area.

They often fought directly against the much 800 member Municipal Police Force for both station house and street control and eventual won when the Municipal police force was disbanded later the same year.

These antique finished metal knuckles are exact fully functional reproductions of the ones that were issued to all members of the Metropolitan Police force immediately following the 1863 Draft Riots that nearly burnt the entire city to the ground. ”

First thing I did when they came in the mail was punch a tree as hard as I could. My hand was fine. A quick love tap to the kidney/ribs is all takes anyway.

Plus there are plenty of other ways to take out the trash without getting your hands dirty. After getting my ATM card compromised at the car wash, I always have plenty of quarters in my “coin purse“ and its never a bad idea to have some salsa picante on hand as well

ACEAEF40-08C9-4D36-9F43-ABC224ACBA10.jpeg

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
“ Originally formed in 1857, The New York Metropolitan Police force was made up of 300 raw recruits with little or no training who were sent in to the city to control riots and police the crime infested five points area.

They often fought directly against the much 800 member Municipal Police Force for both station house and street control and eventual won when the Municipal police force was disbanded later the same year.

These antique finished metal knuckles are exact fully functional reproductions of the ones that were issued to all members of the Metropolitan Police force immediately following the 1863 Draft Riots that nearly burnt the entire city to the ground. ”

First thing I did when they came in the mail was punch a tree as hard as I could. My hand was fine. A quick love tap to the kidney/ribs is all takes anyway.

Plus there are plenty of other ways to take out the trash without getting your hands dirty. After getting my ATM card compromised at the car wash, I always have plenty of quarters in my “coin purse“ and its never a bad idea to have some salsa picante on hand as well

View attachment 119987
I used to carry around a spring Billy in my college days when Bed Stuy was still dangerous. But found a skateboard kingpin to be more discrete and just as effective.

Reactions: hal9000

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I used to carry around a spring Billy in my college days when Bed Stuy was still dangerous. But found a skateboard kingpin to be more discrete and just as effective.
I thought your guido/hyme ilk was more into edged weapons?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
they work better than you think. So does a roll of quarters.
Meh. I've played with them. I'm sure they will hurt somebody, and do a great job of it. My take was you needed to keep it to a lead jab or light arms-only hooks. Which I suppose is the point. You can fuck somebody up throwing dink punches. The moment I set my feet down, turned my hips and put body behind a straight punch and put it into a solid object, your hand was in jeopardy. Not impressed. Although if you put one of those things on and threw an educated punch into a target's head you'd probably be looking at a murder rap anyway.

I like what you called a "spring billy." I would refer to that as a sap. I had one for awhile. Loaded with lead shot. Saves your hand and gives you another few inches of range, unlike the knuckle duster. Either of which will land you in big trouble in CA. I had someone who works in the DA's office tell me that you would literally face less in the way of legal consequences carrying a loaded gun as long as you had no criminal record. Loaded guns were routinely pled down to a misdemeanor, (if you have a clean record) whereas they prosecuted saps/dusters as full felonies? I dunno. CA law gets real vague with this stuff. But I believe a sap can get you a year in jail.

Pew pew.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Meh. I've played with them. I'm sure they will hurt somebody, and do a great job of it. My take was you needed to keep it to a lead jab or light arms-only hooks. Which I suppose is the point. You can fook somebody up throwing dink punches. The moment I set my feet down, turned my hips and put body behind a straight punch and put it into a solid object, your hand was in jeopardy. Not impressed. Although if you put one of those things on and threw an educated punch into a target's head you'd probably be looking at a murder rap anyway.

I like what you called a "spring billy." I would refer to that as a sap. I had one for awhile. Loaded with lead shot. Saves your hand and gives you another few inches of range, unlike the knuckle duster. Either of which will land you in big trouble in CA. I had someone who works in the DA's office tell me that you would literally face less in the way of legal consequences carrying a loaded gun as long as you had no criminal record. Loaded guns were routinely pled down to a misdemeanor, (if you have a clean record) whereas they prosecuted saps/dusters as full felonies? I dunno. CA law gets real vague with this stuff. But I believe a sap can get you a year in jail.

Pew pew.
California is a failed state