California has a great business climate. Tesla moving its HQ to Texas.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
STANFORD has a top notch Law School and Medical School. Until 2015 UT had no medical school in Austin. UT Law is great. I think UCLA might be ranked higher.
Texas ain't got sh!t for NBA teams anymore!:roflmao:

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Nah, UT has the secret entrepreneurial sauce.

How do you feel about Boeing moving 150 jobs from WA and CA to TX?
I don't feel anything about it but it's fun to think back to the days when California was a powerhouse of automotive and aerospace manufacturing and innovation.....but the dems in the state didn't like it so they ran them off and killed the California dream.

Reactions: 2surf and Ifallalot

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I don't feel anything about it but it's fun to think back to the days when California was a powerhouse of automotive and aerospace manufacturing and innovation.....but the dems in the state didn't like it so they ran them off and killed the California dream.
Those were the days. Hughes Aircraft was still a force when I joined industry, then came the mergers and takeovers. There are still a lot of leading edge tech centers in CA crowding one another out, eh? Then, Reagan, too, did a lot as President to increase competition from overseas. Silicon Valley to the rescue (sort of). Is it Austin's turn? <shrug>

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Those were the days. Hughes Aircraft was still a force when I joined industry, then came the mergers and takeovers. There are still a lot of leading edge tech centers in CA crowding one another out, eh? Then, Reagan, too, did a lot as President to increase competition from overseas. Silicon Valley to the rescue (sort of). Is it Austin's turn? <shrug>
Tech is getting completely disjointed from zip codes. There are booming tech and innovative companies and employees in many comparatively small towns. All concentration does is create thought and economic bubbles like you see in Silicon Valley/Bay Area today. There's more innovation coming-out of Omaha than many places in Silicon Valley today.

Reactions: afoaf

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Samsung is putting a monster $17B chip factory near Austin...boon times.

Worry not. The Fed has all the horsepower it needs to tamp down inflation when it suits them...without even raising interest rates.