Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
not warm and leaks.

I'd opt for a mutant or psychofreak for your application. much better quality
Oh.

Well, that sucks. Was yours hooded?

Good to know. I got that 4/3 Quik Synchro for $150 last year and it has more or less serviced but it's starting to show some wear and starting to chafe in neck area. I can probably stretch it another season.

I'll check those suits out. Now, as one of surfing's forgotten children, if I can find something in an XLT somewhere, I'll be golden.

edit: Fuck it. Respect your opinion sbd for sure but I need a thicker suit. Pulled plug on a 5/4 hooded hyperfreak ($25 more expensive than 4/3). Amazingly found one in an XLT in Oregon and pounced. Hopefully it fits well and is not a Hyperleak. Bad naming scheme if you think about it; not as bad as selling a Chevy Nova in Mexico but that rhyme isn't far off.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
no worries, I get the thickness. I mean we all need to get stretched right? Oh wait, which forum is this?

If I lived on your hood I'd opt for the premirum stuff, but that's just mr

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I had decent luck w/ my 5/4 hyperfreak hooded. lacks some of the premium touches of the Psychotech but overall warmth and flexibility were about on par.

for someone like Kento coming from a 4/3 quicksilver i reckon it will be a pretty huge upgrade.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
The 4/3 Hyperfreaks have no smooth skin right? How do the work in windy conditions? I bought an all 2 hyperfreak long sleeve spring and it's flexible as hell but if it's breezy, not much help.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
In my experience they don't do well in wind. Excellent fair weather suit and nothing is more flexible, at last what I've worn.

The mutant is an excellent combo of the techno butter with the chest panels and upgrades to make it warmer. Still in insanely flexible suit.

I wish the would make more suit options with chest panels at the lower to mid price range.

Reactions: MathDebater

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
psycho1 holding up so far. def agree the technobooty can tear eadily at the cuffs but usual problem seams are holding fine (shoulder-armpit and crotch areas)

psycho1 has some kind of outer layer that’s not on the hyperfreak

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
psycho1 holding up so far. def agree the technobooty can tear eadily at the cuffs but usual problem seams are holding fine (shoulder-armpit and crotch areas)

psycho1 has some kind of outer layer that’s not on the hyperfreak
psycho 1 with a liner or smooth skin would be epic

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Anybody check out the new mollusk wetsuits ?
I was going to get one last weekend. I couldn't find a 4/3 LT suit of any brand anywhere and they had them in stock. Trevor Gordon said he's been wearing one and that they're good solid suits.

Day before I was going to drive to SB, my local shop let me know that had a 4/3 hooded LT Vissla High Seas, so I bought that.