RIP Colin Powell.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
died with COVID not from old age, thought the vaxx was supposed to save lives? :monkey:

“General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19. He was fully vaccinated. We want to thank the medical staff at Walter Reed National Medical Center for their caring treatment,” the Powell family said in a statement posted to Facebook.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
think he was the last of his species - a Republican with principles. i believe they are now officially extinct.

edit: he will be stuffed and placed on display in the Smithsonian.

Last edited:
Reactions: john4surf

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
think he was the last of his species - a Republican with principles. i believe they are now officially extinct.

edit: I believe he will be stuffed and placed on display in the Smithsonian.

Another in a long line of fake Republicans. You guys like Romney too except when he's running for President.
Pretty laughable that you guys are celebrating the WMD guy.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Another in a long line of fake Republicans. You guys like Romney too except when he's running for President.
well then, perhaps you could define a real Republican for us? maybe point out an example or two?

Reactions: hal9000

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Another in a long line of fake Republicans.
LOL but it's not a cult.

You guys like Romney too except when he's running for President.
He's been running for President since 2007 or so. I think we stand a pretty good chance of watching him get 1% and told to pound sand by Augustus Donaldus Trumptavius in 2024.

Many such cases. Sad!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

edit: he will be stuffed and placed on display in the Smithsonian.

Didn’t he go lie to congress about WMDs in Iraq to help sell us on the war? He was principalled when he wanted to be.

Reactions: StratoCycleSurf

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
anybody in the GOP who stood up in the last five years and pointed out the fraud in the White House more than atoned for his previous sins, in my book. ymmv.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Old school Republicans are hard to categorize these days.

He is no different from past warmongers who try to recant or make up for their sins. McNamara comes to mind:poop:
Maybe his God will find him accountable for all the innocent lives destroyed by his actions.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Gromsdad: *crickets*
LOL!!!!! Invoking the "Crickets" response in less than two hours. So thirsty. Sorry. Had to drive to work and do a few things in those two hours you were waiting.

Real Republican? Fiscally and socially conservative and push for smaller government. There are very few real Republicans left. Most are closet big government democrats.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
LOL!!!!! Invoking the "Crickets" response in less than two hours. So thirsty. Sorry. Had to drive to work and do a few things in those two hours you were waiting.

Real Republican? Fiscally and socially conservative and push for smaller government. There are very few real Republicans left. Most are closet big government democrats.
Name two.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
he underwhelmed.
All I remember of him is lying to the UN about WMD in Iraq with that bottle of white powder.

My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we're giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence. I will cite some examples, and these are from human sources.
Orders were issued to Iraq's security organizations, as well as to Saddam Hussein's own office, to hide all correspondence with the Organization of Military Industrialization.
This is the organization that oversees Iraq's weapons of mass destruction activities. Make sure there are no documents left which could connect you to the OMI.
We know that Saddam's son, Qusay, ordered the removal of all prohibited weapons from Saddam's numerous palace complexes. We know that Iraqi government officials, members of the ruling Baath Party and scientists have hidden prohibited items in their homes. Other key files from military and scientific establishments have been placed in cars that are being driven around the countryside by Iraqi intelligence agents to avoid detection.
Slide 11
Thanks to intelligence they were provided, the inspectors recently found dramatic confirmation of these reports. When they searched the home of an Iraqi nuclear scientist, they uncovered roughly 2,000 pages of documents. You see them here being brought out of the home and placed in U.N. hands. Some of the material is classified and related to Iraq's nuclear program.
Tell me, answer me, are the inspectors to search the house of every government official, every Baath Party member and every scientist in the country to find the truth, to get the information they need, to satisfy the demands of our council?
Our sources tell us that, in some cases, the hard drives of computers at Iraqi weapons facilities were replaced. Who took the hard drives? Where did they go? What's being hidden? Why? There's only one answer to the why: to deceive, to hide, to keep from the inspectors.

Numerous human sources tell us that the Iraqis are moving, not just documents and hard drives, but weapons of mass destruction to keep them from being found by inspectors.
Our "intelligence" sources say..... :monkey:

He was another walking Power Point presentation at best.

These vaccines don't seem to work very well. TPTB appear to know this which is why they wanted boosters so bad.