Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I think the choice comes down to brand preference since Drew and Justin work with different labels.

We need all three compared: Black Dart, Varial and Dark Arts.

Reactions: Aruka

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
I think the choice comes down to brand preference since Drew and Justin work with different labels.

We need all three compared: Black Dart, Varial and Dark Arts.
yea the darkarts look nice but I only have one pyzel that I rarely ride as a step up and the stock dims are nowhere close to what i need so it makes me very hesitant. I'm the same size as Matt and have ridden a lot of losts and they have always gone well for me so that gives me a lot more confidence to pony up the extra $ for either the varial or black dart tech

Reactions: JDJ and Aruka

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
gonna wait for dark friday and hopefully there will be some discounts. 1k pricey enough, 1.3k sounds ridiculous for a surfboard. Pyzalien 2 looks doable in the 5'11" stock dims, but do they actually ever keep any boards in stock? :roflmao:

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
Lol!!! Give me a couple/few more weeks, got a 3 pack of Chillis from Drew coming soon to add to the Mid Strength I already have. The Black Darts feel more like a traditional poly/PU. I feel they paddle a little better, they have more of the forward glide/momentum that a poly board has, but that could just be in my head. I’d go BD for good wave thrusters, step ups or midlengths. Dark Arts have more pop that pretty much never goes away. They feel lighter and the bottoms are stronger, no finger dents from white knuckled duckdives. If you’re an air guy I’d go DA due to the weight. And I think DA is the call for stubby grovel boards and fish type stuff, especially if your usual spot is a beach break.
THIS. PIN THIS. NO MORE QUESTIONS TO BE HAD. THE D HAS SPOKEN.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo

$1250 Used board, come and get it! Could get some ocean sweeping in for most humans at 42L.

• Haha
Reactions: JDJ and MathDebater

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I saw Felipe Toledo and Peterson Crisanto at Oside this weekend shredding some small mushy reform waves. It was pretty rad to watch.

They both hard darks arts boards and it was obvious how much spring and pop those boards have. It was awesome to see! They used the boards the way they're intended, shifting their weight and pushing off the rails and projects past crumbly white wash sections, and flat sections of the waves. Then compressing and turning beautiful archs in the pocket.

The all black with the white rails looks super good. Kinda made me want to try one. I believe they were both sharp eyes.

I also noticed Felipe put on a little weight. lol. #DadBod

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
DA middy. Also new Futures fins. Are the fins fiberglass or carbon? I cant tell.

Middy looks alright altho stock dims are mad chonky.Link

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
DA middy. Also new Futures fins. Are the fins fiberglass or carbon? I cant tell.

Middy looks alright altho stock dims are mad chonky.Link
Solid black glass for the fins. Can see the way they’re foiled there‘s no carbon. I prefer all glass, look forward to trying em

The smaller sized midlength probably the most ideal, given how light they are. Although they can add more glass(would alter flex though) to add weight. I prefer a thinner foiled board if length is 7’0+

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka