Will it work

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
New fins arrived. Cannot wait to give it a shot. Look amazing - time will tell!

Reactions: urchined

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
roughly how much do they push the fins back and how much base was left over?

I’ll be honest, I have a bench vice and orbital sander I’d be willing to waste a weekend getting familiar with. Hoping to land somewhere between @Muscles creation, and these. Lol.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I couldn't say - I'll leave that sort of specific detail to the guy who made them. I wouldn't want to overstep on an experiment done for the fun of it.

Reactions: sdsrfr

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Weeee....

Just got 1-1/2 hours in, mid-day session. Wish I could've hit it earlier, but super busy with clients.

First wave, I was thinking it kind of felt like a thruster. Second wave, definitely felt like a thruster set up with more drive. Third wave, realized it was all that but surprisingly loose (it is a twin, after all) off the top and carving. What a blast!

Now I’m only one session in, but I think I really like the way it feels. Will report back with more sessions. Hopefully one tomorrow afternoon and then on Friday, too. Finding time is the biggest obstacle I'm running into!

Nice job, Greg. I think this is a winner.

Last edited:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
reminds me of when you fixed this thing (one of the first firewires) with a new set of custom G10 keels. Only G10 would have allowed you to move the fins as far back (1"?) as you did with the original twin plugs. Prior to the upgrade it rode like a floaty buoy and you said you could fix it afterwards it had all the drive I needed to compensate for it's floatiness. So much fun Barnfield ended up with that original fish and I traded a more traditional shape. Pushing the twins back made a positive difference unless you like riding those original single fin stings from ben.

PICT0846.JPG
PICT0871.JPG
PICT0870.JPG

IMG00010.jpg
IMG00012.jpg