Hooded Rashguard vs "Surf" Hat

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
high evaluations don't correlate well with effective teaching. effective strategies like active learning for example are hated by students.
I'm happy to my put students up against anyone else's in an essay fight at the end of the semester.

Process learning is no match for progression based program design.

I know teachers who think it's a virtue to have a high failure rate.

That is crazy.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
plugging my relative's company once again... i know i know

Love these because they are looser than rashguards and can be worn like a regular shirt. Frankly I prefer the non hooded but last month the hood was awesome because it was 100 degrees out and beaming. I would put the hood up when waiting on sets.
my mate was wearing a dakine bucket hat that actually didn't look too bad but he was also throwing fins on every wave so that helps your cool factor haha!

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
FYI: you can buy a $70 hooded surf shirt, or a $18 hooded fishing shirt. The choice is yours.
Yea, I feel this complaint.
I did get a "pelagic" brand fishing shirt for christmas and it provided about the same protection, it did get a lot heavier in the water which I didn't like. Look for something that has similar material to the link I shared that is less "rashguardy" and breathable.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
i have an xcel ver of hooded rashguard. i got messed with so much while wearing it, i gave up. may give it another go. even if u can surf, u'll still get hassled lol
I used to wear a Surf Muff, instead of hood, in Santa Cruz 15 or so years ago. Once a group of teenage groms paddle out. A mouthy one starts yelling to his buddies, look he has a Muff on his head. I paddle straight over to him and ask loudly, so did you get any pussy this morning? Solved that developing problem.

Side note: that surf muff was junk. More than once while getting tubed it would slide right over my eyeso_O

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
This is why I like the little old Japanese boogie boarders, they don't give a fuck. Hat, sunglasses, yoga pants, etc.

I've got one of the FCS surf brim hats. Do I look like a dork? Yes. Does someone with a crisped up dome look like more of a dork? Also yes.

I'll be buying a hooded rashie whenever Patagooch gets them back in stock.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Now there is some herd mentality, even in this esteemed, mostly grumpy old men forum, over how you look? Wtf?
Do random people actually give you guys crap over what you're wearing?
If it's a heckly spot, yes, but that's not the concern. From what Havoc said, SoCal is like Florida. You wear one of those things to any remotely competitive spot, and you're probably going to have a frustrating session crowd-wise. A wave comes to you, expect to be challenged for priority way more. You go, expect way more people to paddle the section down or burn you. On and on.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
If it's a heckly spot, yes, but that's not the concern. From what Havoc said, SoCal is like Florida. You wear one of those things to any remotely competitive spot, and you're probably going to have a frustrating session crowd-wise. A wave comes to you, expect to be challenged for priority way more. You go, expect way more people to paddle the section down or burn you. On and on.
let's ask deforester to paddle out to lowers wearing one of these and see what happens...

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF