A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Getting vaccinated won’t make you show up as positive on PCR tests. That’s because these tests look for copies of the genetic material of the virus as an indication that you have been infected. But vaccines only show a part of the coronavirus to our immune systems to trigger a reaction, and at most may only contain a very small part of the complete genetic material of the virus, and so won’t get detected by these tests.

Moreover, the virus can only be present in a significant amount when it is a live virus that is able to replicate. Thus even though some vaccines are made with viral RNA or DNA, they won’t lead to a positive PCR test result. That’s because the small part of the pathogen’s genetic material contained within the vaccine cannot replicate and therefore cannot cause infection or trigger a positive PCR test result.

:shrug:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

:shrug:
Nobody said the vaccines will make you test positive. The flip side (which is what was said) is that being vaccinated won’t prevent the possibility of testing positive.

Reactions: Ifallalot

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Testing people who have been vaccinated and have no symptoms could extend this pandemic forever. That’s because a PCR test, which still remains the gold standard of testing (over antigen-based testing), can detect just a few virus particles — or even just one. Those small amounts of the virus are not enough to cause transmission, according to studies in the Journal of Infectious Diseases and the Lancet. Indeed, such small amounts of exposure can boost immunity in the vaccinated while causing no ill effects
Seemed like that's what they were trying to infer. My bad. Can't see full article thanks to WaPo paywall.

Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Thought I had the Rona yesterday. Had a mild headache on Thursday which I thought was just due to a bad nights sleep the night before. Woke up 2am on Friday with a fever and flu like symptoms. 101 fever and didn't get out of bed all day yesterday. Slept from 6pm till 5:00 this morning and woke up feeling good as new. Whatever that was kicked my ass for a day. I'm not dead and you guys are still stuck with me.

Reactions: sizzld1

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Thought I had the Rona yesterday. Had a mild headache on Thursday which I thought was just due to a bad nights sleep the night before. Woke up 2am on Friday with a fever and flu like symptoms. 101 fever and didn't get out of bed all day yesterday. Slept from 6pm till 5:00 this morning and woke up feeling good as new. Whatever that was kicked my ass for a day. I'm not dead and you guys are still stuck with me.
AIDS

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
currently at vet waiting to get my dogs rabies vac, reading this thread now has me questioning that decision...havent really dug into this section of the forum til now; but glad I did-gonna come here for now on for any n all decision making

you'll find all the world's preeminent medical and science experts here.

Reactions: Swallow Tail