Linoleum - DONE (nofx, not flooring related)

BrownFish

Michael Peterson status
Mar 5, 2005
I was a classic rock turn metal, then danzig'ish kid in high school. This video, and this song turned me on to punk

Met one of my best friends (to this day) in college and got the full education on punk rock back to the origins.

NOFX is still one of the best bands of all time.
Yup, Still one of my favorites of all time. It's on my exercise playlist to this day. It's one of the only songs that makes me think I can still surf like i'm twenty, then I wake up!

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
your boards look great groggy! would love to stand my beer belly ass on the twin and power trim all the way down my local point break. Looks pretty magical.

back on topic, after only singing choral music for 15 years, got together with some old friends and covered a song off white trash. Don’t tell mike!
(seriously though, great drum parts to this song.)

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I'm older now and don't listen to much punk these days (first show was GBH at Wabash Hall in San Diego - 1985). Having said that, NOFX is one of the few punk bands that I will still go out of my way to see. I moved up to Humboldt to go to school and didn't know that El Jefe had a club in Eureka. He recorded with my HSU classmate, Josh from Potluck. I would see El Jefe at Health Sport (the only real gym in Arcata), but never bugged him.

Nice looking boards!

Reactions: PPK96754

groggylbc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 15, 2006
your boards look great groggy! would love to stand my beer belly ass on the twin and power trim all the way down my local point break. Looks pretty magical.

back on topic, after only singing choral music for 15 years, got together with some old friends and covered a song off white trash. Don’t tell mike!
(seriously though, great drum parts to this song.)
DUDE!!!! thats rad!!!! you guys killed it!!!!

Reactions: Boneroni

groggylbc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 15, 2006
I'm older now and don't listen to much punk these days (first show was GBH at Wabash Hall in San Diego - 1985). Having said that, NOFX is one of the few punk bands that I will still go out of my way to see. I moved up to Humboldt to go to school and didn't know that El Jefe had a club in Eureka. He recorded with my HSU classmate, Josh from Potluck. I would see El Jefe at Health Sport (the only real gym in Arcata), but never bugged him.

Nice looking boards!
I remember Potluck. they where a reallly good hiphop band. we put them on a few shows

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Saw so many great NOFX shows. When you guys played extravanganza at UCSB some nutter climbed on stage scaled the speaker stack and did a laid out backflip into the crowd.

Landed on one of my buddies and man was he pissed , we thought it was great:roflmao:

Later that day Screech was knocked out while performing via a projectile of some sort. Weird the sh!t you remember.

edit: I miss going to shows!!! :(

• Wow
Reactions: Boneroni

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Saw so many great NOFX shows. When you guys played extravanganza at UCSB some nutter climbed on stage scaled the speaker stack and did a laid out backflip into the crowd.

Landed on one of my buddies and man was he pissed , we thought it was great:roflmao:

Later that day Screech was knocked out while performing via a projectile of some sort. Weird the sh!t you remember.

I remember first year did it maybe '90 Janes Addiction..

Reactions: santacruzin

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta

Oh sh!t! I was at that show too! I was pretty far away when it happened, but I remember thinking "how did he not die?"

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Looks like they did them every year until 2020.
They got much more hip hop/hipster as I got more punk/progressive, so I think Nofx in 96' was the last one I went to.
Yep could hear them going on loud and clear walking trail to local beach break:waving:

groggylbc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 15, 2006
That was a fun and chaotic show. i lived in Sb for a number of years and all the knuckleheads showed up. RIP Screech