Linoleum - DONE (nofx, not flooring related)

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Fck me, Fat Mike is still so funny and witty! This is just great!
Lyrics:
Intellectual property never meant anything to me
So, I’m not crazy
for trying to pimp out a classic song
At 25 years old it’s the humane thing to do
Even though you know we know you think it’s wrong
But after 700 covers and 1800 shows
And because it’s the song that Colombians love to hum
We voted to pull the plug and euthanize LINOLEUM  
I think I was born into this world just to **** people off
So, I’m doin’ what no smart band ever would I’m taking our one well known song and trying to make it not very good  
LinOLDlium never meant anything to me
I never even wrote a chorus Just verses and a bridge
It’s like bulldozing a bowling alley for a used record store
Decomposing your best song is sacrilege
But when most Hopeless bands (Avenged Sevenfold) play it wrong
And it’s in Le Tigre’s best song
And it was the last song that Tony ever played
It’s time to put Linoleum out to stud and make sure that it gets laid
That’s me and I got a new kitchen floor
But I still sleep with a close friend
The leather trunk next to my bed  
That’s me on the street and I’m walking with my kid
When she told me she knows everything I did
Because she just finished our book  
What the Fuck! What the hell!  Why did she feel the need to tell me
That she knows her dad is more than kinda weird  
She knows that I do drugs, she knows that I’m kinky

But what keeps me up at night is that her and her friends know that I drink pee

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Did you just step out of a time capsule? It's been done for probably 35 years.
I agree. It's one of my least favorite NOFX songs. I just think Mikes raw take on it is great.

"LinOLDlium never meant anything to me
I never even wrote a chorus Just verses and a bridge"

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I got pulled up onstage at a show, some band opening for the Vandals in Brevard County. I was sporting a NOFX shirt, they literally were scanning the crowd for a likely moron (brother) and said "Oh - it's JimBob here in the NOFX shirt" and they played Linoleum. Thank heavens it was something from Drublic or White Trash, otherwise I would have been outed as a n00b and I would have stage-dove involuntarily instead of voluntarily.

Also managed to bail on "gives me something to believe" before I went with the jacket-liner "pocket full of change" instead of show-approved "pocket full of sh!t".

BrownFish

Michael Peterson status
Mar 5, 2005
Im still here spying on all you creeps!!!! This post definately caught me by surprise. just got to denver. first real show since the world fell apart. If anyone is interested, check out my boards @picklestix_ on instagram
Holy shlt! I remember when Ribbed came out 30 years ago. I was an impressionable 22 year old kid. I don't think there was ever an album that I knew better in my life than that. Every word. That was good shlt, and I still listen to it today. You guys did/do some incredible work. I can't believe that you have been lurking around here for so long and building boards. Fvck Yea!

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Holy shlt! I remember when Ribbed came out 30 years ago. I was an impressionable 22 year old kid. I don't think there was ever an album that I knew better in my life than that. Every word. That was good shlt, and I still listen to it today. You guys did/do some incredible work. I can't believe that you have been lurking around here for so long and building boards. fvvk Yea!
I was a classic rock turn metal, then danzig'ish kid in high school. This video, and this song turned me on to punk

Met one of my best friends (to this day) in college and got the full education on punk rock back to the origins.

NOFX is still one of the best bands of all time.

groggylbc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 15, 2006
@groggylbc the boards look killer (nice looking one for B5F!). Still rock my NOFX shirt all the time, it's barely hanging there, got it at your Kualoa Ranch show waaaaaay back in the Radio Free Hawaii days...
Thank you! its a 5'10 steve lis style fish. Flat-ish deck. heres Bonzer5fin's finished board. Those shows at the ranch were so fun...DM me, ill send you a shirt.red liss top.jpgred liss bottom.jpg

Last edited: