erBB Kauai people - please help

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
I have a buddy vacationing in Princeville next 2 weeks or so, I owe him a big favor and want to set up something nice for him and his wife while they are there. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for stuff that I can arrange/pay for; but they can schedule, so I'm not agenda-setting for them.

Trying to think of something nicer than a bottle of champagne where they're staying... any suggestions appreciated!

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
Buy them a helicopter ride.

I'm not a Kauai person. But I once had a guy that was an ex combat helicopter pilot scare the living sh!t out of me on that island. It was great.

Last edited:

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
Buy them a helicopter ride.

I'm not a Kauai person. But I once had a guy that as an ex combat helicopter pilot scare the living sh!t out of me on that island. It was great.
Sounds fun, thanks for the suggestion, I didn't think about that.

I have some videos of them doing crazy sh!t from when I was hiking Wiamea canyon

two of 'em crashed last time I was there last, though - and it seemed like people from there seem to dislike those companies on balance. :unsure:

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
There's a cool little ranch with horseback riding nearby where they take you out to an epic waterfall. 3-4 hours, not terribly expensive, picnic included. This place:

Reactions: john4surf

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
"Kauai Backcountry Adventures" Inner Tube ride. 45 minutes drive from Princeville to Lihue.
(Near the Lihue airport) Ask for LeAnne. Tell her "Uncle Pete "made the suggestion. 3 / 3.5 hours. Family oriented.Easy / lazy inner tube ride though the old water way systems that fed the old sugar cane fields with sandwiches and meals provided at the end of the trip. Morning or afternoon trips.

"Princeville Ranch Adventures" has the horse rides and swimming at a waterfall on Kauai's north shore.

Helicopter rides are about $200.00+ per person I believe. They leave from the Lihue airport. Jack Harter or Blue Hawaii Helicopters.

"Hike Kauai with Me" is a guided tour to different areas on Kauai. Deep in country tours or coastal hikes. Medium to Strenuous hikes.

"Na Pali Adventures". Not sure if they're running the boat rides down the coast but it's worth a shot. COVID, still might play a part with close quarters on a boat.

Maybe "subway", "tenover" or someone else can chime in on this.

Last edited:

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
We did Kauai Backcountry Adventure Inner Tube ride last time we were there. It was pretty cool. Worth doing. Beautiful 4x4 drive up to the launch point.
Dinner at the Hanalei Dolphin is pretty great too.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
We did Kauai Backcountry Adventure Inner Tube ride last time we were there. It was pretty cool. Worth doing. Beautiful 4x4 drive up to the launch point.
Dinner at the Hanalei Dolphin is pretty great too.
$200.00 at the Hanalei Dolphin Restaurant would be a nice evening out. Call around 4:00 PM HST and ask for Morgan or Kalei to help you out.