Things to bring to Indo (boat trip)

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Visa is easy if you pay and quarantine 5 days. I’m told you can’t avoid the quarantine now since the dude from India got busted 7-10 days ago. Still thinking about what we are going to do in July. Visa, quarantine, flight changes are adding $$$ and days to the trip. Worth it for uncrowded surf? Probably but it’s but it’s not that simple for group of 11.

Glad someone is scoring.
Same boat here. Except my trip was for end of May. It was only going to be a 21 day trip to begin with, so looking like its not worth it? I'm not sure. Will hear more on Monday.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Where there is a will there is a way and yes it is worth it!!
Surfed big rights with my buddy this morning , then surfed the spot Craig Anderson killed a few years ago with 6 people , fast shallow left barrels.
Do it!!!

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Tomo v3 for barrels that were not scary and HH+
Hydronaut in big scary barrels - Big Hts , macaronis and Rifles
GG mod fish at HH and below. Super fun at small roxies and bat caves

Have to say that the v3 blew my fcking mind in good waves , not California good but solid waves
mine is 5’10 x 18.5 x 2 1/4
never rode my 6’7!

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
How fun is Roxy's!

Total sleeper of a wave, I reckon. Horseshoe bend that keeps coming at you. Liked it better than Macaronis. (Call me a heretic/philistine, but fun as it is it's my least favourite Mentawai wave.)

Thanks for the updates, mate. And congratulations on an epic trip.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Cheers maz! We scored Roxie small one day then perfect the next. Well OH with a Barrel on take off and smackable inside section that also barreled.
Just us and the locals one day . Sister boat joined us the second and we had a blast taking turns getting shacked.

Probably one of my favorite waves in the world now.

In Padang now for a couple days hanging with friends and decompressing. Think I am going to try remote work from Indonesia for half the year.
Life changing trip!

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Haha, yes. Good idea.

The decompression phase is pretty damn good too. Even just coming back to Bali from Sumbawa or whatever, you feel like you've been somewhere super special and are now on a different plane somehow.

Can't wait to go back. No chance from NZ at the moment (2 week quarantine on return fully booked months ahead).