Who Got Poked (Besides Your Mom)

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I had my second Moderna yesterday and it kicked my ass last night and today.

The first one was nothing.
Have you question yourself that maybe it’s got nothing to do with the vaccine , and just coincidence it hit you today

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I had my second Moderna yesterday and it kicked my ass last night and today.

The first one was nothing.
I had the same experience. I thought it was all good but it took about 12 hours to kick in and then it knocked my dick in the dirt for the next 12 hours.
The next day I was right as rain but that 12 hours of pain was.. well a painful 12 hours.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I had the same experience. I thought it was all good but it took about 12 hours to kick in and then it knocked my dick in the dirt for the next 12 hours.
The next day I was right as rain but that 12 hours of pain was.. well a painful 12 hours.
The second shot hammered my younger neighbors much harder than the virus itself.

Reactions: keenfish and _____

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Same

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
The 2nd shot did not go as smooth as the first.

First shot was very much like getting a regular flu shot except the tenderness at the injection site lasted longer.

Second shot felt fine (rode by bike to SF City College) for the first few hours. Got a headache in the afternoon, like I've been reading in a dimly lit room for too long, but that was about it. Distracting but not too painful.

Next day was different. Woke up sweating at 4:30 AM the next morning like I had finished a scorpion bowl all by myself that had been made with the cheapest rum, canned pineapple/orange juice fortified with extra sugar syrup and double the usual amount of grenadine syrup AND was deep into a two day caffeine withdrawal.

Got out of bed, chugged a pint of water, fed the cat, laid on the couch, watched the various Iceland volcano eruption videos till I conked out, then woke at 9-ish shivering.

Rest the day was a mix of shivering and sweating, or a mix of "wrapped in blankets then flinging them off me then wrapping myself back up". Fever peaked at 99.9F...my usual temp is 97.4 to 97.6 F. By the way, as I've gotten older, fevers seem to have a greater effect even though the temperature doesn't really go up any higher.

Sunday was much better with the same low level headache I had on the first day. Was able to walk up to Twin Peaks and enjoy the view. Couldn't take off my sunglasses though, my eyes still had that fever induced photo-sensitivity.

Felt well enough to make dinner.

Today, just a slight bit of pink at the injection site. Barely feel any twinge if I poke the spot.

As Sweetie-pie put it, "That is a good immune response, you might reach full immunity faster because of it."

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Random Guy

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
The 2nd shot did not go as smooth as the first.

First shot was very much like getting a regular flu shot except the tenderness at the injection site lasted longer.

Second shot felt fine (rode by bike to SF City College) for the first few hours. Got a headache in the afternoon, like I've been reading in a dimly lit room for too long, but that was about it. Distracting but not too painful.

Next day was different. Woke up sweating at 4:30 AM the next morning like I had finished a scorpion bowl all by myself that had been made with the cheapest rum, canned pineapple/orange juice fortified with extra sugar syrup and double the usual amount of grenadine syrup AND was deep into a two day caffeine withdrawal.

Got out of bed, chugged a pint of water, fed the cat, laid on the couch, watched the various Iceland volcano eruption videos till I conked out, then woke at 9-ish shivering.

Rest the day was a mix of shivering and sweating, or a mix of "wrapped in blankets then flinging them off me then wrapping myself back up". Fever peaked at 99.9F...my usual temp is 97.4 to 97.6 F. By the way, as I've gotten older, fevers seem to have a greater effect even though the temperature doesn't really go up any higher.

Sunday was much better with the same low level headache I had on the first day. Was able to walk up to Twin Peaks and enjoy the view. Couldn't take off my sunglasses though, my eyes still had that fever induced photo-sensitivity.

Felt well enough to make dinner.

Today, just a slight bit of pink at the injection site. Barely feel any twinge if I poke the spot.

As Sweetie-pie put it, "That is a good immune response, you might reach full immunity faster because of it."
Well that sucks, but glad you’re feeling better

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
not in a sexual way....but more in a drunke who enjoys car wrecks way.....seeing you dick in the dirt would be worthy of buying the bar a roudn of beers. actual dirt...not anyone's dirt....thats just weird.

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
the funny part of all this
is those that had no reaction are now getting concerned that maybe they aren't protected
strange times
a simple lab test can answer that. Serum test for covid antibodies. I hope that isn't an invasion of anyones freedom.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Sorry to bring in SCIENCE! here but the data seem to indicate is that if you already have COVID antibodies (meaning: you already had COVID), you're going to have a strong reaction to one of hte mRNA vaccines. This is why it knocked my neighbors on their ass.
Dr. Emily Spivak from the Division of Infectious Diseases at University of Utah Health, says much the same.

She says that published data shows that people who’ve had COVID-19 prior to receiving the vaccine, experience an increased rate of local or systemic side effects such as fevers, chill, muscle aches, fatigue, and headaches after the first vaccine dose versus those who haven’t.
Of course, antibodies and t-cell immunity are likely just as good as the vaccine and persist for just as long as the vaccines as far as we know:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Sorry to bring in SCIENCE! here but the data seem to indicate is that if you already have COVID antibodies (meaning: you already had COVID), you're going to have a strong reaction to one of hte mRNA vaccines. This is why it knocked my neighbors on their ass.
I wouldn't doubt I had been exposed...late Janyuary 2020, had a brief "flu" for a few days, then got better. Same with a number of us at work, and same with Sweetie-pie.

Most likely exposure would have been from riding the jammed BART trains to work.

In April 2020, the CV-19 test didn't show active infection....no idea what test was used to determine it.

Reactions: PRCD

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I went 10 days ago, had all my paperwork, my wife drove up from town, we waited for an hour, and they sent us home. No juice. My wife just called, gonna try again today.