Things to bring to Indo (boat trip)

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
PLEASE post pics
you just in and out on boat or going anywhere else?
will do!

straight to boat. Was going to stay a few days on the tail end but the Ramadan travel ban and visa Stuff complicated that.

Eid Kareem and cmon waves :applause2:

had to take a pic of the boards because 5’5 for Head and below, 5‘10 for bigger, 6’4 barrel machine and a 6’7
also bringing a new board I am buying today because I want options
image.jpg

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I have found it to be the best face stick that ,
Provides all day protection
Does not burn my eyes or have a nasty smell
Has different tones so you don't look like a clown
What SPF and what color do you get?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
will do!

straight to boat. Was going to stay a few days on the tail end but the Ramadan travel ban and visa Stuff complicated that.

Eid Kareem and cmon waves :applause2:

had to take a pic of the boards because 5’5 for Head and below, 5‘10 for bigger, 6’4 barrel machine and a 6’7
also bringing a new board I am buying today because I want options
View attachment 108199
That RN V4 looks fire!! The far left looks like a nice outline too. Post up some pics!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Also my buddy is taking a 6’6 pyzel that is fucking sexy time . Bigger than i would ride but I plan on stealing it for a few haha
Benadryl or epi-pen, if you can. On my 2nd time there, saw a guy get stung by random tentacle, never saw the jelly body. Also good for sea lice.
great call thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Take moar beer. Last time I went to Indo I finished my box with the captain and deckhand on the overnight trip to Panaitan. That only left a bottle of tequila. Gone by day 3. Thank god i took chocolate.

I will never go again without serious antibiotics and topical antibiotic powder. My feet got a few cuts last time, I probably got off lightly compared to my previous trips......I tried to keep them clean, but I ended up in hospital on arrival back in Aus. My left foot blew up like a dead hippo and my lymph nodes were swollen etc. Could‘ve been real bad.
I had that happen once while at Nias. Lymph nodes blew up with red lines from my foot to my crotch. Hopped a ride with a guy on a motorbike to somewhere in the jungle to see a guy with needles in a duffle bag. I hoped it was clean. Too bad shot didn’t help. Then had to endure the ferry ride back to Padang, fly to Singapore and straight to the Raffles hospital. Got a few intravenous antibiotic injections and had to wait it out for a week in Singapore to heal before continuing on my trip.

Moral to the story: don’t take an inflatable mat to play on the reef after too many Bintangs. Antibiotic powder is probably a good idea because nothing dries out in that humidity.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Flight was delayed a day!!
Waiting to leave now and losing a day and half of surfing !

debating staying an extra week to make up for it
All part of the adventure
boat waiting for you?

stay as long as you can

swell drops after the weekend but another bump a few days later - tis the season

and domestic flights from may 6- 17 may or may not be available - beauty of living in Indo - everything changes daily

this upcoming week and weekend look good

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
boat waiting for you?

stay as long as you can

swell drops after the weekend but another bump a few days later - tis the season

and domestic flights from may 6- 17 may or may not be available - beauty of living in Indo - everything changes daily

this upcoming week and weekend look good
Boat is waiting ,in Singapore now . We booked another week last night. As you said though with the domestic travel ban could be longer !